Application of organizational management theory and practices in addition to human resource management techniques to improve departmental adaptability, innovation, service quality, and operational efficiency.
This is the fourth installment of the 2017 NCHIMA Leadership Webinar Series, please continue to visit the NCHIMA online calendar for future installments in 2017.
This presentation is to help you understand effective communication and why it is important to a good leader, how it supports good leadership/employee satisfaction, and how to understand the ways we send messages to others through our verbal and nonverbal communication. We will also address barriers to effective communication and how to address those barriers in the workplace.
- What is effective communication?
- Why is effective communication important to leaders?
- What are the types of communication?
- What are barriers to effective communication and how do we address those in the workplace?
Speaker: Jean T. Foster, RHIA, CHPS
August 16, 2017
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
As the healthcare environment continues to transform and become more data driven, health information departments need to position themselves to remain relevant. This presentation will share one organization’s journey through this transformation, and discuss some of the emerging roles that can position HIM departments for the future.
Speaker: Shawn Wells, RHIT, CHDA
This is the third installment of the 2017 NCHIMA Leadership Webinar Series, please continue to visit the NCHIMA online calendar for future installments in 2017.
Would you like to have?
- More influence with doctors and technology geeks?
- Less friction in the workplace?
- More cooperation?
Join us as we talk about three “laws” of leadership – keys to influencing others.
- “The Law of the Lid” – leadership ability determines a person’s effectiveness
- “The Law of Influence” – The true measure of leadership is influence – nothing more, nothing less
- “The Law of Process” – Leadership develops daily, not in a day.
You’ll walk away from this session with at least 3 actionable steps to help you get the support you need to be an effective information manager.
Speaker: Tom Cooper, PMP, Certified Speaker, Executive Coach and Trainer
This second installment of the NCHIMA Leadership Series presentation, “Resonant Leadership,” will help those in management positions to:
- Apply Resonant Leadership in their facilities
- Understand Why Resonant Leadership and Emotional Intelligence are important
- Explain how this leadership type gets rooted in the organization and how to nurture it for sustainable growth
- Know How Resonant Leadership is related to increased employee motivation and production
- How to recognize success with Resonant Leadership
Speaker: Sharon Easterling, MHA, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, CRC, FAHIMA
HIM departments across the country are continually challenged to retain their most highly skilled professionals. Quality coders are in high demand and HIM professionals are looking more and more to enhance their career opportunities. As a long time HIM department leader I have experienced first-hand the difficulty of developing career paths for employees. The good news is that the HIM segment is poised for continued growth with job opportunities expected to grow by 15% by 2024. With a little planning and a commitment to your people you can make your facility a “destination” for HIM professionals.
Speaker: Andrea Romero, RHIA – Senior Vice President, HIM Operations, himagine
CEU: 1.0 – Management Development
During this session we will discuss what elements, distractions and other responsibilities that impact coding productivity and the impact of ICD-10 implementation. Where were we in October and where are we now with productivity. I will share the most up to date information that we have for productivity and the standards that coders are being held to. We will discuss how coders can improve their productivity and some of the tools that are available.
1 CEU – Management Development
Presented by: Cindy M. Smith, RHIT, CCS