Clinical Data Management (Coding)
Applications and analysis of quality and clinical resources appropriate to the clinical setting to include database management, and coding compliance using CPT, ICD-9-CM, or other specialized coding systems within the prospective or payment system to ensure quality and cost effectiveness of the services rendered (for example, data integrity, quality of documentation, and clinical efficiency).
Understanding the Top 6 Most Expensive Inpatient Diagnoses
June 16, 2017
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Receive specific guidance for facilities responding to Recover Auditors 2018 statement of work
- Provides targeted experience with top diagnoses and documentation challenges
- Learn information regarding regulations and concepts regarding ICD-=10-CM coding and DRG assignment
- Facilitation staff compliance with the Office Coding Guidelines and AHA’s Coding Clinic instructions
Speaker: Laura Legg, RHIT, CCS, CDIP
May 27, 2017
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM ET
HCC Quality Indicators
- What are they and why are they important to coders?
- CMS website listing of groups
- What is the coders impact on reimbursement
- Where to find the AHRQ Quality Indicators Toolkit
- Understanding Core Measures
Speaker: Victoria Weinert, RHIT, CCS
May 24, 2017
12:00 – 1:00 PM CT
Overview: Establishing an effective query process is essential to accurate and complete coding, compliance, and proper reimbursement. This presentation will explain the purpose of a query and when you should query the provider. We will discuss effective query formats (open ended, multiple choice, and yes/no) and provide some effective query writing tips such as how to avoid leading queries. We will also cover querying for POA indicators.
Speaker: Stacy Hardin, RHIT, CCS, AHIMA Approved ICD 10 CM/PCS Trainer
May 12, 2017
12:00 – 1:00 PM ET
Overview of the 2017 1st Quarter AHA Coding Clinic Updates.
Presenter: Gloria Litton, RHIA, CCS, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
April 18, 2017
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CT
Hierarchical Condition Category coding is the increasing focus of CDI professionals in 2017. Not only can high-quality HCC improve reimbursement and quality scores in the physician practice, the clinical documentation can assist to more accurately assign DRGs in the inpatient setting as well.
Join us for this thought provoking presentation offering new CDI solutions in the physician practice setting for HCC code assignment. Gain an understanding of how to sell and implement a program and how to encourage physician adoption and collaboration.
Learning Objectives: During the session, participants will:
• Learn steps to plan and implement an effective HCC CDI Process
• Understand the challenges related to HCC coding in the physician practice
• Discuss how HCC capture improves clinical documentation throughout the continuum of care
• Learn tips for physician collaboration and adoption for HCC coding
1. Healthcare landscape and need for a change in CDI program design
2. Demands placed on clinical documentation to support risk adjusted payment programs
3. Steps in planning the HCC CDI program
a. HCC audit
b. Return on investment
c. Selling the idea
d. Data requirements
e. Pilot site(s)
f. Work flow
g. Physician collaboration and adoption
4. HCC capture and DRG assignment
5. Next Steps
Co-Presenters: Pamela Hess, Managing Director, CDI at himagine Solutions Inc.
and Terry Buske, Director of Strategic Business Development at himagine Solutions Inc.
CEU – 1.0 Clinical Data Management
April 26, 2017
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CT
Test your knowledge and gain helpful tips to outpatient surgery CPT coding. This presentation will cover modifiers, add-on codes, mutually exclusive procedures, and highlight important CCI guidelines. Applications and scenarios for reporting the new codes, as well as reimbursement potentials, from a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services perspective, will be addressed.
Stacy Hardin, RHIT, CCS, AHIMA Approved ICD 10 CM/PCS Trainer
Director of Coding Services for Reimbursement Management Consultants, Inc.
CEU: 1.0 – Clinical Data Management