April 16, 2020
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM MT
An accessible view of what risk analysis really means from a fundamental perspective.
The healthcare industry has been long aware of the requirements to perform comprehensive Risk Analysis as part of HIPAA Compliance. But what does this mean? For many people, Risk Analysis is some arcane process done in IT Departments. Part of the problem is that there are different frameworks and even different definitions that are used in the realm of Risk.
This presentation will focus on how risk analysis really works, what it does and does not do, and how we each use the principles of analyzing risk in our daily lives.
Understanding Risk in industry – The components that must be present to say that ”something” is actually a risk.
- The difference between risk assessment and risk analysis (2 words that are often used interchangeably, but can be very different).
- Understanding how much risk is too much risk.
- What happens once risk is identified and rated.
- Who decides what’s acceptable risk and what must be mitigated.
- Some dos and don’ts of considering approaches to risk management and risk analysis, regardless of framework and environment.
- The value of understand Risk Analysis beyond the IT Department.
Speaker: Wes Morris, IdHIMA Advocacy Director