The World Health Organization adopted ICD-11 in May 2019, with the reporting standard to begin January 2022. Although the release does not have an immediate impact and the implementation timing in the United States remains uncertain, HIM professionals should be aware of ICD-11 developments. Knowledge and preparation are imperative to planning the approaching ICD-11 implementation.
Join HIM professionals to discover:
- Why ICD-11 is being implemented so soon following ICD-10;
- What are the differences and similarities between ICD-10 and ICD-11;
- Who is involved in the planning;
- When will implementation occur; and
- Examples of ICD-11 will also be presented.
Speaker: Debra E. Martin, RHIT, CDIP, CCS