ICD-10-CM for Pediatrics offers correct coding advice in manageable chunks with interesting and interactive instruction from a nationally recognized industry expert. Topics include:
- Purposes and Characteristics of a Classification System
- Steps to Support Coding Decisions
- Use of Excludes I vs. Excludes 2 Notes
- Official Coding Guidelines Pertinent to Pediatric Care
- Differentiating between Status vs. History of Coding
- Use, Abuse and Dependence of Drugs and Alcohol
- Perinatal Period Defined with Examples
- Coding and Guidelines for Chapter 16 Perinatal Period in ICD-10-CM
- Observation Codes Z codes vs. P codes
- Coding and Guidelines for Chapter 17 Congenital Conditions
CEU: 1.0 – Clinical Data Management
Gail I. Smith, MA, RHIA, CCS-P, President of Gail I. Smith Consulting, is a health care consultant with over 30 years experience in the field of coding, education and health information management (HIM). Gail was an associate professor and director of a HIM program at the University of Cincinnati and program director at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College. Recently, Gail has focused on ICD-10-CM/PCS education: developing online courses, presenting workshops, and performing documentation reviews. She has authored several coding textbooks for CPT and ICD-10-CM and is an AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and Academy faculty member. Ms. Smith received her bachelor’s degree in HIM from The Ohio State University and her master’s degree in education from The College of Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- $59 AHIMA members
- $59 non-members
Online courses are non-refundable.
Access to the Course
Access instructions to the recording will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 30 days to access the course after payment has been received.