Start Date: March 6, 2017
Beginner to Intermediate level
Whether you have never coded diagnoses before or are just new to ICD-10-CM, this self-paced course is for you!
The online course materials are available to you 24 hours a day/7 days week, so you can fit learning into your personal schedule.
The basics of coding and the components of the ICD-10-CM code set are broken out, followed by a separate folder for each “chapter” [body system].
Every folder includes reading material complete with:
- Realistic coding cases provide abstracting and coding practice, including step-by-step directions to determining the correct code, how many codes, and proper sequencing.
- A&P descriptions, illustrations, and information on signs and symptoms enhance comprehension of the coding process, especially when creating queries to request additional information from providers.
- Interactive exercises provide additional reinforcement.
- Guidance Connection feature directs students directly to the applicable Official Guidelines, including specific Section, Chapter, and Subsection.
- BONUS: One folder with more than 50 scenarios and case studies to practice coding and test yourself.
You will have until the beginning of September 2017 to finish and earn 10 CEUs.