In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Bay Area Hospital
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon, Oregon
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
About Bay Area Hospital
As the Medical Center for Oregon’s South Coast, Bay Area Hospital offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The hospital’s inpatient and outpatient services include medical, surgical, pediatric, critical care, outpatient and acute inpatient psychiatric, oncology, obstetrical, wound care, and other specialties.
$10,000 sign on bonus!
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Demonstrates the ability to use a personal computer and various software programs applicable to the position
- Demonstrates the ability to operate applicable office equipment
- Exhibits the ability to deal effectively interdepartmentally & with the public. Able to develop meeting agendas and facilitate meetings.
- Exhibits the ability to maintain confidentiality, think and act independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Joint Commission and other applicable regulations affecting health information
- Possesses a strong knowledge of electronic medical record applications
- Displays project management skills and is able to manage a project from inception to implementation which requires collaboration with other departments.
- Extensive experience in implementing Management principles including: managing medical staff relationships, health planning, financial planning and analysis, reimbursement, contract negotiations, construction planning, problem solving, process improvement, productivity measurement, human resources development, information management, and planning
- Transcription, CDI (Clinical Documentation Improvement), and coding experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required.
- Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds
- Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or telephone
- May require off-site travel
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) required
- Bachelor’s degree or complete within 2 year
Comprehensive benefits package
401k with 6% match
Posted: February 9, 2024 at 7:43 PM
Post ID: 84984