In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
HIPPA Privacy Officer
Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Compliance
Job Type: Full-Time
Begin your story with ProHealth Care. Here we offer a culture that’s warm, welcoming, and vibrant. Additionally, we offer a generous benefits plan and resources to help you further your education. After all, it’s the way you should be treated.
Culture is built every day, and we want you to be a part of this. If you’re like us and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we’d like to meet you!
The HIPAA Privacy Officer is responsible for the organization’s Privacy Program including but not limited to daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches, and ensuring patients’ rights in compliance with federal and state laws.
A HIPAA Privacy Officer will have to monitor compliance with the privacy program, investigate incidents in which a breach of PHI may have occurred, report breaches as necessary, and ensure patients´ rights following state and federal laws.
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or a related healthcare field.
• 5 years of experience
• Knowledge and experience in state and federal information privacy laws, including but not limited to HIPAA.
• Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
• Recommended privacy certification such as Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) and/or other healthcare industry-related credentials, e.g. RHIA, RHIT.
• A high level of integrity and trust
• Extensive familiarity with health care relevant legislation and standards for the protection of health information and
• Patient privacy Health care legal, operational, and or financial skills.
• Experience with policy management and maintenance
Why Join ProHealth Care:
We have nearly 5,000 dedicated clinical and non-clinical employees and physicians who work together every day to serve the health and well-being of our community. At ProHealth Care everyone contributes to the care our patients receive. And, everyone is treated with kindness and respect in our welcoming environment.
This Position Will Offer You:
• Engaging and community focused culture
• Competitive Salaries
• Opportunity for professional career growth
• Robust benefits for full-time and regular part-time roles, including Generous PTO; Choices in insurance; HSA; Tuition reimbursement; immediate 401K match; discounted tickets to various entertainment, social, and sporting events
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted: January 10, 2024 at 12:42 PM
Post ID: 83921