In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $23 to $32
Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital (LBHH) is a 126-bed, inpatient psychiatric hospital and start-up joint venture between Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine and Universal Health Services.
In addition to a general adult unit and dedicated adolescent unit, the facility offers services for treating those with co-occurring disorders on the psychiatric-medical unit, an intensive adult unit to care for those with severe conditions, as well as a women’s trauma unit.
This position does not offer remote work.
HIM Coders are responsible for completing the following duties and tasks:
• Review medical records to abstract the proper admitting, principal and secondary diagnoses and ensure the codes are applied to the patient medical record for billing. Ability to navigate coding system(s), paper code book and EMR in an efficient and effective manner.
• Adheres to the rules and regulations applied by State, Federal and other regulatory bodies regarding the coding process.
• Perform audit of coding quality as needed.
• Maintain accurate and up to date procedures based on coding clinics and webinars provided by UHS. Exhibits general knowledge of medical terminology.
• Provides queries to physicians when documentation is ambiguous, unclear, or otherwise unable to be determined.
• Assemble records and analyze them for completeness
• Post High School Education with ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred) and CCA, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, RHIT, RHIA, or other coding specific credential (One required).
• Work experience in Health Information Management preferred but not required.
• Knowledgeable about Microsoft Office applications.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Posted: December 28, 2023 at 11:34 AM
Post ID: 83521