In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Trauma Registrar
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $22.54 – $33.81
Looking to Make a Difference in Someone’s Life?
- Essentia Employees are driven by our mission, vision, and values, and we strive to provide patient care like nowhere else in an environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- Supporting you with more health care resources.
- Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota.
- Headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of more than 15,000 employees, including more than 2,200 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
- Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of Quality, Hospitality, Respect, Joy, Justice, Stewardship, and Teamwork. The organization lives out its mission by having a patient-centered focus at 14 hospitals, 78 clinics, six long-term care facilities, six assisted living and independent living facilities, 7 ambulance services, 27 retail pharmacies, and one research institute.
The Trauma Registrar performs duties related to data collection, analysis, and reporting of various clinical and quality information. Completes projects, identifies opportunities, and makes recommendations for improvements. The Trauma Registrar uses critical thinking skills and knowledge of medical terminology to abstract and analyze clinical data. Prepares reports/statistics and graphs for use by internal departments, presentations, and various committees.
- Identifies cases for trauma patient inclusion criteria into the trauma registry
- Abstracts and enters all necessary patient and clinical information into the trauma registry database, ensuring accuracy for consistent reporting
- Identifies and tracks trauma quality indicators for the trauma program
- Designs and generates standardized reports, graphs, and analyzes the data, including performing trend analyses on data
- Prepares and submits electronic downloads to the Minnesota Department of Health and National Trauma Data Bank
- Assigns injury codes based upon the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM)
- Applies knowledge of trauma treatment methods to identify deviations in standards of medical care management practice to be brought forth to leadership
- Provides reports/statistics for internal use by nursing, ED, research department, physicians, etc.
- Makes all registry preparations for periodic trauma center verification and participates in the verification process/visit
- RHIT, RHIA, or CHDA (Certified Health Data Analyst) preferred OR current RN license in the state of employment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with the Trauma Registry database
- CSTR (Certified Specialist in Trauma Registry) or CAISS
- Located within the surrounding areas of Duluth
- Associate degree required in health information management, related field, or a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
As an Essentia Health employee, count on benefits that extend beyond your paycheck. Find programs to care for you and your family, as well as a supportive, collaborative work environment that promotes professional achievement and pride in your work.
Depending on your position and location at Essentia, you may receive more information about benefits during the interview process. (Benefit eligibility dependent on position and location)
Discover the wide range of comprehensive benefits available to Essentia employees including:
- Medical & Dental Insurance Options
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401(k) (with Essentia Health annual match)
- Life & Disability Insurance Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Wellness Program
- Competitive PTO
- Paid Holidays
Posted: December 21, 2023 at 1:17 PM
Post ID: 83406