In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Ellsworth County Medical Center
Location: Ellsworth, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Ellsworth County Medical Center is looking for a full-time Coding Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate thrives in a patient-focused, team-based environment, and actively commits to our mission of Improving Lives. Additionally, candidates should have excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
At Ellsworth County Medical Center, we believe in Improving Lives and stand on pillars of integrity, stewardship, compassion, and service . Our approach is simple: We provide compassionate healthcare, raising the bar for what it means to provide top quality care, right here in your community. Become part of this work family that we have grown to love by applying today!
Schedule: Remote, Monday-Friday
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role of the Coding Specialist is to access, input, retrieve information, and solve complex problems using the various electronic resources. The primary role is to analyze medical records to ensure compliance and complete documentation that is vital to providing quality patient care. Records include, but are not limited to, acute, swing bed, observation, outpatient, and ambulatory services. Additionally, this position codes and abstracts medical records, as necessary. Assists other HIM staff when needed, contributing to a “team” environment. This position is highly trained in information management technology applications, such as the Electronic Health Record, and has a strong understanding of day-to-day workflow within the Medical Center.
Ellsworth County Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Experience & Skills Preferred:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health care documentation required; relevant previous experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Thorough understanding and ability to apply relevant coding classifications including CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, as well as disease processes, pathology, and treatment techniques, instrumentation, and pharmacology.
- Ability to interpret technical jargon and translate abbreviations into their expanded forms.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA regulations and other healthcare regulatory bodies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain diverse technical problems in easy-to-understand language.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision and as part of a team and to adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Excellent research skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Associate degree or equivalent education and experience required; current enrollment in an accredited Health Information Management program may be considered.
- Competitive wage and salary program
- Full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Extended illness benefit
- Flexible spending account
- Educational opportunities
- Organizational discounts
- Pension plans
- Free lab health profile, well-woman and well-man physicals
- Wellness Center Membership
- Flexible scheduling
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance while working in a patient-focused, team-based environment
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email resumes to Katie Malbrough at email@example.com
Apply Online: https://ewmed.hcshiring.com/jobs/5FmQ1xbaDUOfX1h2ZBUy7w
Posted: December 21, 2023 at 9:50 AM
Post ID: 83399