In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Northern Regional Hospital
Location: Mount Airy, North Carolina
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Life Changing Careers Start Here!
Northern Regional Hospital is always looking for talented individuals to join our dedicated staff.
Our superior ratings are a testament to our team’s commitment to quality and service excellence. We seek talented and diverse faculty and staff to continue to provide superior care.
Northern is a place where you can grow your career, no matter where you are professionally. We believe you will find it to be more than just a job. When you choose to work at Northern, you become part of a family of caregivers supporting the communities we serve.
Choose Well. Choose Northern.
At Northern, we strive to provide benefits that meet you where you are–not only today, but tomorrow.
We recognize that our ultimate success depends on our talented and dedicated workforce – our Northern Stars.
We understand the contributions of each employee to make our accomplishments possible. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive program of competitive benefits to meet your needs today and anticipate your needs tomorrow. Through our benefits programs, we strive to support you and your family by providing a benefit package that is easy to understand, easy to access and affordable.
- Competitive Compensation – and be paid daily!
You deserve to get paid every day so we’ve partnered with DailyPay so you can get your pay any time before payday!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Dependents
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Healthcare and Daycare Expenses
- Northern $elect Retirement Plan (403(b) and 457(b)) and Roth IRA
- Educational Assistance of up to $10,000 per program or degree
- Celebrate! – Pick a gift to recognize your fifth anniversary and every five years of service thereafter
- 50% discount on membership at Northern Wellness & Fitness Center
- Employee discount programs
- Employee Health Clinic
Accurately performs assigning/coding on medical records to include, but not limited to, In Patients, Emergency Department, Observation, Same Day Surgery, Referred Outpatient Laboratory and Radiology, wound care and therapy patients ICD-10-CM diagnoses and procedure codes. Determines sequence of diagnosis and procedures according to uniform hospital discharge data set guidelines. Utilizes the Meditech Expanse system to appropriately abstract and index statistical data on medical records.
- CCS, CCS-P, CPC or CPC-H
- Registered Health Information (Technician) RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) eligible.
- RHIA, RHIT, CPC or CPC-H candidates must sit for the CCS exam within one year of hire and pass within 2 years of employment.
- Experience in use of encoding systems (3-M preferred)
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly
- Meditech Expanse experience
- Experience in use of 3-M incoder
- Associate Degree in Health Information Management or equivalent experience
- Registered Health Information Technician)(RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Minimum of 5 years coding experience utilizing ICD-10-CM in an Acute Care Facility
Posted: December 11, 2023 at 11:27 AM
Post ID: 83135