In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Work Setting: Non Provider Setting
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $24.50
Select Medical Corporate Headquarters
4714 Gettysburg Road
Full Time / On-Site
Monday-Friday 7:00am – 4pm (flexible)
$24.50/hr Starting Hourly Rate
Diverse Health Benefit Packages, PTO & EID Leave, 401K company match & more
*Did you recently complete a medical coding education program?
*Are you looking for a career coding inpatient medical records?
*Do you want to work with an innovative team?
Then this might be an opportunity for you!
Watch to learn what it’s like to work with Select Medical!
An exciting opportunity for an Inpatient Coder at our corporate headquarters in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. The Inpatient Coder is responsible for reviewing multidisciplinary inpatient medical records and other health information to classify patient diagnoses and procedures by accurate ICD-10 codes and DRGs.
- Evaluate documentation of patient care to code and abstract data used for statistics, state reporting, reimbursement and other needs.
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes to inpatient diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to coding guidelines.
- Complete coding with an error rate within the work standard and maintains standards relative to productivity and quality.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with physicians, medical staff and other care professionals when documentation needs clarification for accurate code assignment which may or may not impact reimbursement.
- Prepare workload reports and participate in department management studies, as well as data quality reviews or other documentation audits.
- Help train and orient new coders.
- Perform peer review of codes and DRG assignment.
- Keep knowledge of coding and DRG assignment current by reviewing federal publications and other reference materials for changes in regulations and practice guidelines.
- Monitor compliance with documentation standards required for accurate and thorough coding
- Investigate, evaluate and identify opportunities for documentation improvement
- Provide guidance to hospital CEOs, medical staff and others regarding compliant documentation practices required for accurate reimbursement and statistics
- Completed a coding education program
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- One or more years of experience with inpatient hospital medical records coding.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CPC-H credentials.
- Experience in ICD-10-CM diagnosis, procedure coding and DRG validation.
- Completed a coding education program, preferably with a focus on inpatient coding in a hospital setting
$24.50/hr Minimum Starting Hourly Rate
(Experienced inpatient coders may be offered a higher pay rate)
Instructions for Resume Submission
Visit our careers web site and search for Inpatient Coder in Mechanicsburg
Posted: November 15, 2023 at 5:49 PM
Post ID: 82652