In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Health Information Manager
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Student Wellness
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care, Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
Health Information Manager
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Student Wellness invites applications for the position of Health Information Manager.
ROLE of the POSITION
The Health Information Management (HIM) Manager oversees or performs activities of the health records department. The duties and responsibilities of this position include ensuring the privacy and security of medical records originated in and received by UNLV Student Wellness Center (SWC) in accordance with HIPAA, federal, and state guidelines as they apply to Protected Health Information in conjunction with FERPA regulations specific to university students. This is an on-site full-time, 12-month position.
The Student Wellness Center at UNLV includes the Student Health Center, Student Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Behavioral Health, and the Faculty and Staff Treatment Center.
The HIM manager will:
- Ensure security of patient records utilizing the Student Wellness Center electronic health record (EHR) program
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all patient information
- Participate in peer review activities
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement (QI) studies
- Assist with the creation and/or revision of policies and procedures
- Actively serve on SWC committees
- Actively assist in re-accreditation activities and on-site surveys
- Foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Information Technology, or related field and two (2) years of supervisory experience in a medical/health records department OR an Associate’s degree and two (2) years experience as a Health Information Coordinator II in Nevada State service OR equivalent combination of education and experience as described above. All candidates must pass a background screening.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) at the time of appointment or within one year of appointment.
- Three to five years experience in health records management.
- Experience with college/university health records.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Information Technology, or related field OR Associate’s degree with relevant supervisory experience (see Required/Minimum Qualifications.)
BENEFIT OF WORKING AT UNLV
- Generous compensation packages, up to 48 days of paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
- Excellent health insurance including medical, dental and vision
- No state income tax
- Comprehensive retirement match plan and voluntary benefits programs
- Tuition discounts for employees, their spouses, and dependents at Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) schools
Instructions for Resume Submission
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references who may be contacted. References will not be contacted until the search chair notifies you in advance.
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates can apply directly with UNLV at https://www.unlv.edu/jobs, click on Apply under External Candidate, and search for R0133788, Health Information Manager, Student Wellness.
Materials should be addressed to Dr. Erin Williams, Search Committee Chair, and must be submitted through Workday, as we do not accept emailed materials. For assistance with the application process, please contact UNLV Human Resources at (702) 895-3504 or UNLVJOBS@unlv.edu.
Posted: October 31, 2023 at 6:06 PM
Post ID: 82230