In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Director of HIM
Rolling Hills Hospital
Location: Ada, Oklahoma
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000
Come join our team as a Director of Health Information Management! At Rolling Hills Hospital, we specialize in providing exceptional care for adolescents, adults, and seniors struggling with mental health disorders and substance abuse issues. Our mission is to build a strong foundation for long-term recovery.
Serving Ada, near Oklahoma City, Rolling Hills is the premier provider of psychiatric treatment for adolescents, adults & seniors. When choosing Rolling Hills, our patients benefit from our decades of experience, our comprehensive spectrum of age-appropriate services, and our commitment to personalized care. At every step, our patients will receive clinically superior services delivered by dedicated professionals in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Health Information Management Department (HIM) in the capacity of planning, organizing and managing electronic and paper clinical content, electronic data integrity, accessibility, use, and protection of health information.
· Maintain department productivity, quality and efficiency for all processes within the department.
· Responsible for information governance to ensure facility-wide health data integrity, privacy, and security.
· Implement processes and systems to support accurate and complete medical record documentation.
· Oversee and assist with data collection, storage, retrieval, assembly, analysis, filing and retention of medical records/data.
· Prepare and analyze clinical data for research purposes, process improvement, utilization management, mandatory reporting, and more.
· Provide staff management to including hiring, development, training, performance management and communication to ensure effective and efficient department operation.
· Work with physicians to improve the quality of documentation.
· Work with coding staff to ensure accurate coding for reimbursement and clinical care.
· Oversee data collection, storage, retrieval, filing and retention of medical records/data.
· Audit records and data for accuracy, compliance and timeliness. Review results with administration, medical, nursing and clinical staff.
· Ensure documentation is filed in the medical records in an accurate and timely manner and ensure that the medical record is complete (including signatures) and closed within facility guidelines.
· Interface with inside/outside legal counsel regarding content of medical records.
· Work as liaison between facility and transcription vendor to ensure high quality, accurate, complete and timeliness of transcribed documents.
· Ensure HIM Key Indicators are tracked and reported monthly to the Performance Improvement Committee.
· Ensure State Reporting is accurate, complete and reported timely.
· May oversee and/or complete coding according to current ICD and/or CPT coding classifications.
· May serve as the facility Privacy Officer.
· Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) required or ability to obtain within six months of hire date.
· Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree with specialization in health information administration preferred.
· Four or more years’ experience managing/supervising a medical record department required.
· Two or more years’ of behavioral health experience preferred.
· Working knowledge in ICD-10-PCS and DSM IV coding systems required.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Apply Online: https://www.rollinghillshospital.com/about/careers/
Posted: October 12, 2023 at 4:01 PM
Post ID: 81757