In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule & Location:
Full-Time: 80 hours, biweekly
Monday-Friday: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, Flexible hours after training
Remote work opportunity
Under general supervision, collects, reviews, retrieves and codes Evaluation & Management codes, and major procedures (surgical procedures, anesthesia reports, radiology reports/procedures) and other services for Medicine/Surgical practices, based on data from medical records and reports for quality assessment, audit and billing purposes.
1. Performs chart audits, reviewing for accuracy and compliance.
2. Reviews operative reports and other documentation and assigns appropriate diagnosis (ICD-10), procedure codes ( CPT-4), and other services (HCPCS) for final billing.
3. Research and process invoice corrections.
4. Reviews and analyzes coding/billing procedures.
5. Presents training and feedback concerning medical coding, compliance, and reimbursement to physicians/providers.
6. Coordinates and implements reimbursement improvement activities with staff and providers.
7. Meets WellSpan Coding Compliance Guidelines.
Certified Procedural Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), Certified Medical Coder (CMC) or Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), AND a Specialty Coding Certification
Knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, and HCPCS coding; basic computer skills
Preferred Specialty Certification:
Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC)
High School or GED
• Excellent salary and benefits
• A comprehensive care network that offers 54 care programs for a diverse patient population at 27 locations in Adams, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon and York counties
• Collaboration within an integrated medical group of 1,600 providers
• Educational assistance to pursue additional training and certifications for professional growth including free supervision for licensure
• Respect, career achievement and professional satisfaction
Instructions for Resume Submission
If interested in the Coder III position, please apply directly on JoinWellSpan.org or email your resume to our Talent Acquisition Consultant, Nicole Eckert, at email@example.com.
Apply Online: http://www.joinwellspan.org
Posted: October 11, 2023 at 3:07 PM
Post ID: 81738