In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
HIIM Department Head
Louisiana Tech University
Location: ruston, Louisiana
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Description for the Head of the Department
of Health Informatics and Information Management (HIIM)
College of Applied and Natural Sciences
Louisiana Tech University
The Department of Health Informatics and Information Management (HIIM) at Louisiana Tech University is seeking a candidate for Department Head. This is a twelve-month, tenure-track faculty position.
Located in Ruston, Louisiana, Louisiana Tech University has five Colleges. The Department of HIIM is within the College of Applied & Natural Sciences. The department has six full-time faculty members, adjunct faculty, and administrative staff.
The HIIM department offers two programs, which are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM), a Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics and Information Management (BSHIIM) and a Master of Health Informatics (MHI). The bachelor’s degree offers courses on-campus and online. The graduate degree is delivered 100% online.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The department head role is a multifaceted faculty position with instructional, administrative, research and service responsibilities at a level commensurate to the position.
The primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Creating an innovative, technologically rich, and dynamic learning environment for faculty and staff.
• Ensuring compliance with curriculum accreditation standards while growing programs enrollment.
• Aligning the programs with the University’s strategic vision for collaboration by engaging internal stakeholders and external healthcare entities.
• Graduate level degree in health information management (HIM), health informatics (HI) or a related degree program. Doctorate or doctoral candidate preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience in healthcare.
• Demonstrated management, instruction, research, leadership and/or professional service.
• Professional credential in health information or informatics is highly preferred. Credentials include but are not limited to:
o Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
o Advanced Health Informatics Certification (AHIC)
o Certified Professional in Health Informatics (CPHI)
o AMIA Certified Health Informatics Professional (ACHIP)
o Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS) or Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS)
Review of applications will begin November 30, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.
Louisiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer and places a high priority on the creation of an environment supportive of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Letter of application, current vitae, and names with contact information for three references should be submitted with the electronic application. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience in their cover letter.
Questions can be submitted to Dr. Donna Hood, College of Applied & Natural Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about Louisiana Tech University can be found at www.latech.edu
Posted: October 6, 2023 at 11:54 AM
Post ID: 81627