In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Clinical Document Coding Liaison
Location: York, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $27.40-42.22
WellSpan Health is an American integrated health system located in South-Central Pennsylvania and parts of northern Maryland. Headquartered in York, Pennsylvania and employing about 20,000 people, WellSpan Health operates 8 hospitals (including a surgical hospital and a behavioral health hospital): WellSpan York Hospital, WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital, WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital, WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital, WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital, WellSpan Waynesboro Hospital, WellSpan Philhaven, and WellSpan Surgery and Rehabilitation Hospital WellSpan operates over 220 patient care locations which offer services such as diagnostic imaging, laboratory services, rehabilitation facilities, primary care facilities, urgent care facilities, specialty centers (such as cardiac centers, oncology centers, neuroscience services, etc.), medical equipment retail, and retail pharmacies.
Under the general supervision of the Manager-Coding Compliance facilitates a collaborative approach between Health Information Management (HIM) Coding and Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) Specialists. Serves as a Coding and CDI subject matter expert, ensuring accurate representation of documentation and coding in the medical record and compliance with all regulatory guidelines. Work involves extensive record review, interactions with Coding and CDI staff. Plays a key role in the CDI process through active participation in team meetings and education of staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures a collaborative approach between HIM Coding and CDI through effective communication skills.
- Performs second level electronic health record reviews to validate the accuracy and compliance of ICD-10 codes and Diagnostic Related Group (DRG) assignment, when there is a discrepancy between Coding and CDI.
- Reconciles incomplete discharged patient encounters to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Researches and responds to coding questions from Coding, CDI, and other departments.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in the application of ICD-10 coding guidelines, DRGs, CDI documentation strategies and 3M 360 workflows for Coding and CDI.
- Performs audits to review communication workflow between Coding and CDI and participates in staff performance reviews.
- Identifies opportunities for education of Coders and CDI Specialists and provides education as needed.
- Prepares agendas, educational presentations, and leads Coding and CDI Task Force meetings.
- Participates in projects that involve Patient Safety Indicators and Hospital Acquired Conditions, Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report (PEPPER), and coding, or documentation improvement.
- Reviews reports from 3rd party vendors to educate all staff.
- Works within Epic work queues for timely responses to staff and workflow management.
- Assists with Coding Quality Specialist duties
- Codes inpatient records to maintain coding skills
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of five years recent inpatient coding experience.
- Required Certification:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); or Certified Professional Coder (CPC); or Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC); or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Knowledge of Federal Regulatory resources; Strong clinical knowledge and understanding of disease processes; Ability to interact effectively and professionally with physicians and other health care professionals in a professional manner; Strong organizational skills and detail oriented; Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop and deliver formal presentations; Proficient with computer systems and in the use of MS Office software products; Experience developing and working with financial reports and spreadsheets; Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimum supervision while understanding the importance of being part of a team
- Preferred Education:
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management
- Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Instructions for Resume Submission
- Click on the hyperlink below to take you directly to the opportunity or visit with us at www.joinwellspan.org and enter the six-digit requisition code 105322.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/wellspan/#/job/38227
Posted: October 2, 2023 at 2:38 PM
Post ID: 81521