In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Manager – EHR Operations
Sauk Prairie Healthcare
Location: Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care, Hospital, Other
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor, IT / EMR Analyst, Other
Job Type: Full-Time
Sauk Prairie Healthcare includes a 36-bed, not-for-profit (501c3) acute care hospital, wellness center and two surgical specialty practices located in Prairie du Sac, Wis., plus four primary care clinics in Mazomanie, Plain, Spring Green and Lodi. We set the standard for patient excellence, patient safety and overall quality with this connected, community-based network of primary and specialty services.
Multiple-time winner of the Advisory Board’s Workplace of the Year Award and Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Experience and Clinical Quality, Sauk Prairie Healthcare employs experienced healthcare professionals in a local, hometown setting. Our Birth Center, Joint Health Center, general surgery program, orthopedics program, emergency department, family medicine and urology program are just a few of the services we offer to our community.
Over 700 people work for Sauk Prairie Healthcare and are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve. We support them through manageable work and patient loads for our staff and the support of a close-knit, multi-disciplinary team. Our people know that no matter how good your care is, it will always be better when you really do care. This commitment to providing excellence in care, one person at a time, has earned us distinctions in patient experience and quality.
Do You Belong Here?
We are seeking a Manager – EHR Operations (hybrid position) that will have responsibility for the development and oversight of organization-wide electronic health information systems, including patient portals and health information exchanges (HIE). This position works closely with multi-disciplinary team to understand business requirements, technology options, and operational bandwidth. The Manager holds responsibility to ensure EHR systems are compliant with regulatory requirements. The Manager aligns Informatics with our organization strategies and process improvement initiatives.
This position has oversight for the Health Information Management department.
• Responsible for collaborating with the Chief Medical Information Officer and Director of Information Services to inform and support strategic initiatives, facilitating cross-functional projects collaboration with Information Governance, oversee the development and maintenance of the legal electronic health record.
• Participate in the assessments and recommendations of all EHR software and hardware solutions required to develop and maintain the legal electronic health records.
• Lead and direct activities of the Health Information Operations – Clinical (EHR Governance) team.
• Evaluate the standard content and data integrity of the legal medical record, including compliance with regulatory and accrediting agency standards.
• Work collaboratively with providers and hospital and clinic departments to ensure optimal EHR use, take full advantage of the features of the EHR for ultimate practice workflow and patient safety and drive clinical/operational improvements.
• Design processes and information flow that accommodate quality improvement and reporting.
• Serve as a subject matter expert relative to the necessary standards for supporting and building the EHR system for meeting patient care requirements, meaningful use, and public reporting of health data.
• Ensure that information management systems support current and future needs of the organization with respect to the electronic health record. Works closely with information technology in transition planning including, but not limited to, testing, installation, and education of staff to produce and maintain high quality data integrity.
• Ensure compliance with external agencies and state and federal regulations related to EHR.
• Develop and oversee processes for documenting, storing, and retrieving of medical information, and for processing medical and legal documents, and correspondence requests in conformance with regulatory requirements.
• Provide support to all users with issues related to protected health information capture, timeliness, accuracy, retention, security, access, and data integrity.
• Responsible for initiating, reviewing, implementing, and maintaining contracts with vendors for outsourced HIM services.
• Prepare and monitor the annual operating and capital budget for the EHR Operations and HIM Operations Depts.
• Manage staff of department, including: hiring recommendations, performance management/evaluation, coaching/corrective action and other personnel actions necessary to maintain operational efficiency, employee engagement, and regulatory compliance.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of healthcare industry, its federal and state regulations, privacy and security regulations, and compliance.
2. Experience with electronic health records, health information systems and healthcare applications.
3. Experience with regulations and accreditation standards, knowledge of specific state and federal requirements and standards related to the management of health information.
4. Knowledge in health information management, best practices, medical classification systems and clinical terminologies processes and procedures.
5. Strong critical and analytical thinking and project management skills.
6. Problem solving, leadership and diplomacy skills within generally defined practices and policies. Ability to take the initiative to make decisions and advocate for change.
7. Demonstrated ability with respect to project management methodologies and team facilitation skills for performance improvement initiatives.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS)
Required: High School diploma
Preferred: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Health Information, Health Informatics, Information Technology, Healthcare Administration, business or related field.
We provide competitive pay and a robust benefits package for our employees. This includes health and dental insurance, life insurance, accrued paid time off for work/life balance, a 403(b) retirement plan that matches up to 5%, a free single wellness membership and tuition reimbursement.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online through the Sauk Prairie Healthcare Careers page (select “Manager – EHR Operations”)
Posted: September 26, 2023 at 7:46 AM
Post ID: 81304