In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
HIM CODING SPECIALIST, PRN/Casual
Memorial Community Hospital & Health System
Location: Blair, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Part-Time
Memorial Community Hospital & Health System (MCH) is currently seeking a skilled HIM Coding Specialist to work in a PRN/Casual status. This position contributes to MCH by coding and abstracting medical records for both inpatient and outpatient encounters with great detail and accuracy.
Our Mission is to partner with our community to heal, nurture and promote wellness.
Our Vision is to be the first choice and the community leader in healthcare.
Our Values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Excellence and Teamwork.
- Shift Details: PRN Position, 8-20 hours/week. Hybrid remote work schedule.
- Performs documentation and coding audits of Inpatient, Surgical, Emergency and outpatient records using EPIC EMR and 3M Coding.
- Evaluates the quality of clinical documentation to identify incomplete or inconsistent documentation that could impact the quality of data being reported.
- Code hospital and clinical records ensuring proper documentation supports the codes.
- Verifies all services provided have an order with indications to accompany the service.
- Obtains CPT/ICD10 codes for staff members needing this information.
- Answers phone inquiries for insurance companies and ambulance services.
- Works closely with PFS staff on coding issues.
- Submits Birth Defect data.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to department manager for resolution.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a coding certificate program.
- AAPC CPC certification required.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, and CCS-P certification preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in hospital coding and hospital billing
- Must have working knowledge of CMS coding and documentation rules and regulations and be able to identify and apply rules and regulations as they relate to professional service audits.
- Experience in Critical Access Hospitals preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Memorial Community Hospital & Health System is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Thank you for your interest in our PRN HIM Coding Specialist position! Please submit your resume to email@example.com or apply on our website.
Posted: September 25, 2023 at 11:01 AM
Post ID: 81275