In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Oceans Healthcare of Broussard
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
At Oceans Behavioral Hospital Broussard, healing is our focus. We are passionate about helping adults and seniors manage the challenges associated with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues.
The Health Information Management Director (HIM Director) provides coordination of Health Information Process. The HIM Director Prepares and maintains accurate medical records information according to established procedures within a medical records unit.
- Supervise & back-up a facility-wide HIM Program & staff. Maintains overall responsibility relative to documentation, usage, retrieval and storage or all inpatient and outpatient records.
- Monitors health information management systems and sets the standard for data quality and ethical practice.
- Ensures the centralized coding team receives all discharged records for appropriate coding/indexing purposes.
- Responds to requests for medical records, including legal and court cases, following applicable state and federal laws concerning the confidentiality of medical records; possesses knowledge of those populations to respond with appropriate communication, medical terminology for appropriate assessment, treatment planning and discharge planning needs as it applies to thoroughness of the medical record.
- Assures the timely completion, integrity, authenticity and accessibility of all inpatient and outpatient medical records by placing discharged charts in accepted chart order; analyzing each chart to assure completion of all necessary information; routes charts to individuals who need to complete deficiencies found; Assures immediate access of any chart or any particular type of chart using acceptable filing, coding and indexing procedures and deficiency slip tracking system.
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) process by monitoring specific standards of excellence in discharged medical records through discharge chart deficiency slips; reporting any deviations of accepted practice to the PI Committee; attending PI Committee functions; compiling necessary reports and reporting results to PI Committee.
- At least 1 year supervisory experience required and preferred 5 years psychiatric HIM department.
- Must have Registered Health Information Administrator certification
- High school diploma with additional training in Health Information Management, department functions (i.e. certified health information management technician or other such certification or training.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage (Multiple Plan Options) – Eligible first of the month after 30 days.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Discretionary Company Match
- Daily Pay Option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
Instructions for Resume Submission
Submit your resume to the email address provided.
Posted: September 12, 2023 at 9:47 PM
Post ID: 80942