In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Inpatient Coding Specialist
Location: St. Cloud, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Work 100% from home.
CentraCare is a health system with about 11,500 employees in Central Minnesota.
This job is 40 hours per week | Monday-Friday daytime hours
This position is responsible for reviewing electronic and written documentation to convert into diagnostic and/or procedure codes. The coder will ensure that records are coded in an accurate and timely manner. Professional will communicate with clinical staff to allow for accurate translation of medical record documentation using appropriate code selection (ICD CM/PCS). May assist in performing quality and productivity audits, data collection and monitoring/reporting. Through efficient and accurate coding, this coder will ensure that CentraCare is properly reimbursed for the inpatient facility services it provides.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) current certification with AAPC or AHIMA. or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) current certification with AHIMA
- Completion of college level courses or relevant experience in anatomy and physiology and medical terminology required
- Completion of coding course in ICD, CPT, and HCPCS required
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in a medical office
- Experience in ICD CM/PCS
- Previous experience working with EPIC
- Working knowledge of insurance and third-party billing preferred.
Posted: September 6, 2023 at 12:43 PM
Post ID: 80754