In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Inpatient DRG Coding Specialist, Health Information Management, FT, 08A-4:30P
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: CDI Specialist, Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $25.49 – $33.14 per hour
Baptist Health is the largest healthcare organization in South Florida, with 12 hospitals, more than 27,000 employees, 4,000 physicians and 100 outpatient centers, urgent care facilities and physician practices spanning across Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Baptist Health has internationally renowned centers of excellence in cancer, cardiovascular care, orthopedics and sports medicine, and neurosciences. A not-for-profit organization supported by philanthropy and committed to its faith-based charitable mission of medical excellence, Baptist Health has been recognized by Fortune as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America and by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Working within our award-winning culture means getting the respect and support you need to do your best work ever. Find out why we’re all in for helping you be your best.
- Accurately codes Inpatient records for the classification of all diseases, injuries, procedures, and operations using the ICD10CM/PCS coding system.
- Ensures compliance of coding rules and regulations according to Regulatory Agencies (CMS, OIG).
- Works as a team to meet departmental goals and AR goals.
- Abstracts prescribed data elements from the medical records.
- Degrees: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Licenses & Certifications: AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist
- Required Coding Certificate, preferred Certified Coding Specialist, CCS.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of encoder system, Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), DRG/MSDRGs and National and Local Coverage Determination, NCD and LCD, Policies.
- Competency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management staff, and physicians.
- Required Experience: 3 years of Inpatient Hospital coding
Estimated pay range for this position is $25.49 – $33.14 / hour depending on experience.
Baptist Health offers one of the best benefit packages in the nation, find out more at our careers site.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Online: https://careers.baptisthealth.net/us/en/job/135102
Posted: September 5, 2023 at 11:50 AM
Post ID: 80691