In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Release of Information Assistant
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Release of Information Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
The Release of Information Assistant performs all duties and responsibilities related to disclosing patient information in total compliance with federal, state and local laws and procedures.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- *Interprets and processes all patient, family, attorney, subpoena, court order, insurance company and physician’s office requests to disclose information from a medical record; responds to requests made in person, via telephone, fax, mail, or email.
- *Fulfills all requests within the department’s designated timeline, utilizing the organization’s electronic medical record system; enters information or scans documents into the computer at required intervals.
- *Adheres to and honors patient confidentiality at all times.
- *Interprets and follows the department’s pre-billing requirements.
- *Assures a valid authorization is present before releasing information.
- *Determines the exact patient information from the medical record that is needed by the requestor; communicates with the requestor to ensure only the information needed is obtained.
- Photocopies, prints or faxes the correct pages from the medical record and bundles appropriately for delivery.
- *Prepares an accurate billing statement and follows procedure for entering the charges into the computer.
- *Handles patients’ requests under HIPAA requirements concerning amending patient records or receiving an accounting of disclosures; follows departmental procedures as required.
- *Accommodates all patients who request to review their own medical record.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Additional college coursework in medical office technology or related field of study desired. Minimum of one (1) year experience related to medical record content in a hospital or medical office required.Experience with a multiline phone system preferred. Experience with RightFax software and functionality preferred.Provides front desk coverage as required; greets and assists walk-in customers; sorts and distributes mail.
Posted: August 9, 2023 at 2:51 PM
Post ID: 80213