In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Clinic Coder – Full Time
Stormont Vail Health
Location: Topeka, Remote
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: 22.44/hour
Job Description Summary
A Brief Overview
Reviews medical record documentation and assigns accurate ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM and CPT codes for services provided by physicians and other qualified healthcare professionals.
Essential Job Duties
– Selects and enters appropriate ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM and CPT codes utilizing encoding system and application of appropriate coding guidelines and resources.
– Utilizes Electronic Medical Record applications to process claims electronically and/or manually on clinic encounter charge tickets when appropriate.
– Routes completed charge tickets to business office for timely charge entry.
– Proficient with assignment of evaluation and management codes and medical necessity documentation guidelines.
– Complies with all payer specific guidelines for appropriate code assignment.
– Provides proper date and accident information on charge claims.
– Complies with all policies, standards, mandatory training and requirements of Stormont Vail Health
– Performs other duties as assigned
– 2 years Coding experience. (Preferred)
– Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) – AHIMA (Required)
– Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) – AHIMA (Required)
– Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-Based (CCS-P) – AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) is also accepted. (Required)
– Certified Professional Coder – AAPC (Required)
Posted: July 25, 2023 at 11:12 AM
Post ID: 80202