In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
First Mile Care, Inc.
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Other
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $18 to $22 per hour
First Mile Care is an early-stage healthcare startup sitting at the intersection of public health, technology,
on-demand economy, and community building. We’re building the nation’s first affordable, scalable, and
sustainable platform to improve the lives of people who have prediabetes. Our goal is to halve the
number of people in the U.S. with prediabetes by 2028. How? By scaling the Diabetes Prevention
Program (DPP) that’s been clinically proven to reduce the risk of diabetes by 58%. We have partnered
with local physicians, major health systems, and major retail pharmacies. We are collaborating with the
CDC and the American Medical Association to drive step function enrollment in DPP across the nation.
We are committed to creating a nationwide network of First Mile Coaches in 42,000 ZIP codes across the
US – local heroes trained to help their fellow community members make the right decisions daily, so they
can gain control of their health and reverse prediabetes.
We are currently seeking an Intake Coordinator to help with program intake and registration activities,
focused on program qualification verification, insurance follow-up and other missing items needed for billing. This position is from your remote location; however, we are only accepting applications from those located in the Detroit, MI area.
- Initiate or handle incoming calls to registered participants in our program.
- Obtain insurance information and other items needed for billing purposes.
- Verification of insurance eligibility and coverage.
- Contact provider offices for lab results or other required information for program qualification, including requests for provider orders/referrals and/or requests for prior authorizations.
- Conduct Zoom sessions with participants to assist with forms completion.
- Before the start of each new cohort, make sure that all participants have the required information necessary to start the program and all forms are complete and signed.
- Attend session 1 of each new cohort in your region to assist with any necessary forms completion and assist coach with weights and welcome members to the cohort.
- Relay and route messages to the proper entity.
- Balance scripted conversation with natural rapport.
- Provide accurate and detailed program information along with documentation of interaction to ensure proper follow-up.
- Engage participant inquiries with energy and enthusiasm.
- Record keeping of notes regarding participant interactions and data through CRM and spreadsheets.
- Tracking and entering data with accuracy
- Administrative tasks as assigned.
- Associate degree preferred and/or combination of high school diploma and work experience.
- Registered Health Information Technician or Medical Insurance Billing certification preferred.
- 2+ years of customer service experience. Preferred experience in a healthcare setting.
- Bilingual – Able to speak and write in English and Spanish – is preferred but not required.
- Customer service mentality.
- Must be detail oriented. Attention to detail is paramount to succeeding in this role.
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve in the moment.
- Must have strong communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Odoo CRM or other CRM systems is a plus.
- Healthcare billing experience, insurance verification, and knowledge of HIPAA requirements is a plus.
- Punctual, good communicator and dependable.
- Must have own personal computer or laptop
- Ability to work in a secured space where others will not be able to overhear conversations or see computer screen.
Full-time position – 9am-5pm Central Time with some evenings required when a new cohort starts in the evening, 37.5 hours per week. Outreach telephone calls between the hours of 8:00a to 6:00p CST. $18-$22/hour dependent on experience
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email a copy of your resume to: Carrie Arens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Posted: June 27, 2023 at 12:05 PM
Post ID: 79682