Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
St Petersburg College
Location: Pinellas Park, Florida
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: 76,296-95,370
St Petersburg College is a dynamic institution with a commitment to preparing students for the future of Health Information Technologists. The college is located on the west side of sunny Florida and the program is an online program located within the College of Health Sciences. The college strives to empower students to achieve their goals and is based on the three pillars of academic excellence, economic mobility, and community engagement.
This position is responsible for directing the activities of the Health Information Technology program. Incumbents will develop strategies to accomplish goals, implement policies and procedures, and develop and monitor an assigned budget. Incumbents may need to perform professional-level work within assignments and will supervise both full-time and part-time employees.
Typical Essential Duties:
- Develops, prepares, and updates program course material;
- Advises students in program planning, course selection, and career guidance;
- Develops schedule of classes for discipline or program;
- Controls equipment/materials utilized within the program;
- Handles grievances within the department;
- Assists in the implementation of in-service training programs for faculty;
- Provides assistance for students’ programs, laboratory control and inventory, and placement services;
- Interacts with external industries, businesses, and professional groups on behalf of the college;
- Responsible for administering the attendance management system which includes analysis of the Angel and PeopleSoft attendance edit reports for compliance with the college attendance and withdrawal policy for students;
- Responsible for achieving the enrollment course/section productivity goals of the college.
This position is an on-site position and required to be on campus full-time.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Current membership in the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required
- Current Registered Health Information Technician Certification (RHIT) or
Registered Health Information Administrator Certification (RHIA) credential is required.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level
- Five years of professional experience in a health information management department or related position preferred
- Experience with computer-based technology as used in professional and educational online environments preferred
- Experience with a teaching/learning management system preferred
- Current membership in the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred
Supporting documents needed to demonstrate compliance with the standard:
- A current CV that documents the credential held, and educational level obtained.
- Copy of the most current RHIA/RHIT certificate provided by AHIMA
Three (3) years of management experience in assigned area.
Master’s degree in a related field to assigned area, plus specialized courses in the field. Must be able to be credentialed in one of the areas he/she supervises. Some positions may require a higher level of education.
Compensation is: 76,296-95,370
Competitive benefits package.
Instructions for Resume Submission
You may enter your CV or resume for initial consideration.
Apply Online: https://web.spcollege.edu/hrap/admin/positions/details/226
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 3:32 PM
Post ID: 78510