Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Inpatient Coding Specialist
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder, HIM Specialist, Patient Accounts
Job Type: Full-Time
Work from home.
Find your purpose ensuring patients, their insurers and government agencies are properly billed for services. Efficient and accurate coding ensures our organization is properly compensated, which allows us to continue to provide lifesaving care.
If you want to talk before applying, please contact our recruiter, Tammy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 320-251-2700 x 50327.
This Inpatient Coding Specialist is responsible for reviewing electronic and written documentation to convert into diagnostic and/or procedure codes. You’ll ensure that records are coded accurately and efficiently. You’ll collaborate with clinical staff to allow for accurate translation of medical record documentation using appropriate code selection (ICD CM/PCS).
You may also assist in performing quality and productivity audits, data collection and monitoring/reporting.
“My team’s culture is one of camaraderie, teamwork, and continuous learning.”
~ Lori, coding leader
- High School Diploma or GED
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) current certification with AAPC or AHIMA or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) current certification with AHIMA required
- Completion of college level courses or relevant experience in anatomy and physiology and medical terminology required
- Completion of coding course in ICD, CPT, and HCPCS required
- 1 year of experience with Epic electronic medical records platform
- Experience in ICD CM/PCS
Apply Online: https://bit.ly/425uN27
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 8:11 AM
Post ID: 78499