Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Health Information Management Coordinator
Location: Newton, Kansas
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: Compliance
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $16.82-$19.23 per hour
ABOUT PRAIRIE VIEW:
Prairie View, Inc. is a Behavioral & Mental Health facility located in Newton, KS. Just a short 20-minute drive from the Wichita area and situated just off the beaten path, yet close enough to the conveniences of the city, Prairie View’s campus is nearly 80 acres of natural Kansas plain. A number of evidence-based mental health services are provided, including hospitalization, outpatient services, a community support program, an adventure course, a special purpose school and more.
Prairie View’s additional outpatient locations in Hillsboro, McPherson and Wichita provide services to children, adolescents, adults and older adults for a complete range of behavioral and mental health issues.
Prairie View is accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services. Prairie View is also a member of Mennonite Health Services, an organization that brings Anabaptist-related health and human service providers together.
Affordable health, dental and vision insurance with different deductible plans to choose from to best fit the needs of you & your family, retirement plan (401K) match after 1 year of employment, attractive PTO accruals with an average of 5 weeks off in the first year and company paid life and disability insurance. Insurance benefits and PTO eligibility based on budgeted hours. In addition, we offer schedule flexibility to encourage work/life balance along with a collaborative and supportive work environment.
DUTIES, included but not limited to:
- Inpatient, Residential (Turning Point Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility-PRTF), and Partial Hospital discharge analysis.
- Assist all sites by answering questions, merging duplicate case numbers, and making corrections in EHR as requested.
- Scan and import documents into the EHR as needed.
- Serve as Custodian of Records.
- Respond to court orders and subpoenas sent to the Custodian of Records.
- Serve as a resource for system-wide questions related to subpoenas and court orders.
- Act as consultant to other HIM staff in other offices.
- Participate in the HIM/UM committee meetings.
- Participate in medical records forms approval process.
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree and be a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Minimum Experience: 1 yr. experience in Health Information Management
- Proficient in accessing and assessing data for reporting.
- Good organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to move sliding and crank files, and be able to retrieve and file charts overhead, and able to bend and squat with no restrictions.
- Be physically able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to read, write, spell, and type proficiently.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to sit for extended periods (minimum of two hours at a time)
- Basic keyboarding/word-processing skills
- Must be able to pass Kansas Bureau of Investigation Screen and the Central Registry Screen for both adults and children.
Apply Online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=50488ee3-15e2-4a55-8782-fecf7b174b1a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&jobId=471675
Posted: March 22, 2023 at 8:55 AM
Post ID: 77056