Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Director of Health Information Management
Location: Lewes, Delaware
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer, HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
*** Please note Beebe Healthcare Main Campus is located in Lewes, DE with other locations within a 22-mile radius in Sussex County, DE ***
Team Beebe! One Beebe! Beebe Healthcare is one of the largest employers throughout beautiful Sussex County, DE and we have exciting career opportunities available for qualified professionals.
Director of Health Information Management – HIM
Serves as the director for the Health Information Management Department and as the medical records officer for Beebe Medical Center and its affiliates (Beebe Physician Network, Inc.). Assumes 24-hour accountability for medical records at Beebe including operation of the department, electronic medical records, and off-site record storage. Utilizes health information knowledge, management theory, and organizational skills in accomplishing goals. Knowledgeable of the role of medical records and the department in patient access, clinical documentation, revenue cycle management, corporate compliance (including HIPAA, JCAHO, etc.), documentation, patient safety and computerization. In order to be considered for the position, please visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org to fill out an application.
- Five years progressive management experience of medical records/health information management including release of information (ROI) and Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audits.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems (EMRs) preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities, including Demonstrated emotional maturity and stability.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality patient care and privacy/security of protected health information (PHI).
- Ability to effectively respond to and withstand crisis situations.
- RHIA required.
- Coordinates all aspects of health information management and medical records for Beebe Medical Center and its affiliates.
- Manages all operations of the Health Information
- Management Department and off-site record storage.
- Maintains all regulatory compliance, i.e., HIPAA, JCAHO, etc., relative to health information management and medical records.
- Ensures accuracy and specificity of clinical documentation and coding sufficient for high-quality patient care and appropriate reimbursement.
- Maintains knowledge of advancements in health information management and medical records, including computerization, and effectively incorporates them via continually improving workflows.
Competencies and skills-Essential:
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written and Verbal
- Knowledge of Basic Computer Programs
- Able to Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
- Able to Withstand Crisis Situations
- Has Skills to Provide Customer Service to Patients, Team Members and Visitors
- Experience with Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio, Etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
We are experiencing tremendous growth which allows us to offer more services to more people in more locations. Beebe Healthcare offers you a healthy, supportive culture where you can truly flourish with an excellent patient-focused environment, and leading-edge technology. Working at Beebe provides a feeling of community and a place to call home away from home.
Join our team of heroes today to take advantage of our excellent benefits and compensation package.
Visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org/careers to apply and for more information
424 Savannah Road, Lewes, DE 19958
Apply Online: https://tinyurl.com/4az2v2ep
Posted: March 16, 2023 at 10:29 AM
Post ID: 76882