Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Coding Quality Auditor
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Auditor, Coder, Coding – QA, Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
As the area’s leading healthcare provider, we prefer candidates with prior healthcare experience in a similar role, however, we will train candidates we feel will fit into our SMH Culture of Excellence. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment and share our passion for delivering the highest level of customer service. Candidates must be able to provide positive, professional references and pass a background and drug screening.
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News’s Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national “standout” hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures – an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an “A” grade for Patient Safety. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is Magnet designated and the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services, and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.
Health Information Management
Optimizes prospective payment reimbursement and facilitates data quality by creating consistency and efficiency in physician documentation, code assignment, data collection, and claims processing. Responsible for working with physicians, coders, ancillary department staff, CDI, and other allied health professionals to improve documentation of patient care and to appropriately assign codes and/or determine charges to support those services. Performs retrospective random and focused audits of coding cases to ensure accurate code application and overall coding quality. Performs pre-bill compliance audits to ensure accurate code assignment, application of coding guidelines, and compliance with external regulatory and accreditation requirements. Identifies solutions to improve the overall data quality of the health records and to assure that appropriate reimbursement is obtained for services provided.
For APC/DRG Auditor:
– Require certification by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or certification by American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) or Certified Outpatient Coder (COC).
– Require certification by AHIMA as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)* or Bachelor’s level degree.
*In lieu of certification, must be currently enrolled in an accredited HIM program. Must successfully pass the certification exam within six (6) months of program completion.
For Senior APC/DRG Auditor:
– Require certification by AHIMA as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or certification by AAPC as a Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) or Certified Outpatient Coder (COC).
– Require certification by AHIMA as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
– Require a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
For APC/DRG Auditor:
– Require three (3) years of inpatient or outpatient coding experience.
For Senior APC/DRG Auditor:
– Require five (5) years of inpatient or outpatient coding experience and three (3) years of coding auditing experience.
– Prefer past auditing experience or strong training background in coding and reimbursement.
– Prefer comprehensive knowledge of the Prospective Payment System and other regulatory requirements and payment systems.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package
- Paid Time Off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans for Full & Part-Time Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care) – Pre-Tax Dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Sarasota Campus for now – Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp!
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- On Campus Dining discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!
Apply Online: https://careers.smh.com/careers/jobs/21876?lang=en-us
Posted: February 23, 2023 at 12:09 PM
Post ID: 76189