Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
West River Health Services
Location: Hettinger, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Become a part of a nationally recognized and growing rural healthcare system! Our progressive rural medical practice consists of an integrated hospital/clinic with surgical, rehabilitation services, diagnostic imaging, emergency, birthing services, and behavioral health. Additional services include: Visiting nurse, assisted living facility, skilled nursing facility, eye center, diabetes care and education and six medical clinics.
West River Health Services is hiring a remote HCC coder. This role will provide coding quality auditing services and evaluates clinical documentation to ensure accurate coding. This position is also responsible for timely communication of identified quality issues concerning documentation and coding. The ultimate goal is improvement in coding accuracy. The minimum productivity goal is set by project with an expectation of minimum 95% accuracy rate.
Excellence in Practice:
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient medical records, assigning appropriate ICD-10 CM codes, creating HCC assignments as applicable.
- Check chart assignments every day and report accurately all hours worked on a weekly basis.
- Remain current on medical coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Queries when documentation in record is inadequate, ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes.
- Comply with the standards of ethical coding and ahere to official coding guidelines.
- Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
This is a licensed position and candidate must have an active credential through AHIMA or AAPC.
At least three years’ experience as a medical coder, extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines. Strong clinical skills related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management. Reliability and commitment to meet tight deadlines. Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervisor. Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation.
Knowledge and understanding of CMS HCC Risk Adjustment coding and data validation.
Active coding credential through AHIMA or AAPC required..
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please attach resume through online application process.
Apply Online: https://www.wrhs.com/
Posted: February 15, 2023 at 1:26 PM
Post ID: 75962