Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
HIM Department Manager/Privacy Officer
West River Health Services
Location: Hettinger, North Dakota
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Become a part of a nationally recognized and growing rural healthcare system! Our progressive rural medical practice consists of an integrated hospital/clinic with surgical, rehabilitation services, diagnostic imaging, emergency, birthing services, and behavioral health. Additional services include: Visiting nurse, assisted living, skilled nursing facility, an eye center, diabetes education and six medical clinics.
This individual is responsible for directing health information management functions and activities of the organization, including medical record oversight, coding, transcription, release of information, and privacy of patient information. In addition, this individual serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer. The director of medical records is appointed by the governing body (or responsible individual). (C-1106)
Excellence in Practice:
• Organizes plans, directs and supervises department functions and activities to comply with established
policies and procedures.
• Participates in the design, implementation and maintenance of the hospital electronic health record.
• Recruits and oversees staff within the department; develops job descriptions for departmental employees
and works effectively with staff in the conduct of department operations.
• Establishes health information management policies and procedures on release of information,
confidentiality, information security, patient privacy of information, information storage and retrieval, and
• Develops short- and long-range goals and objectives within the department in conjunction with the
annual budget and monitors progress for the continued improvement of hospital services and operations.
• Serves as privacy officer for the organization; oversees patient rights to inspect, amend, restrict access to,
and receive an accounting of disclosures of his/her patient health information; tracks access to protected
• Communicates with and maintains effective working relationships with physicians.
• Maintains accurate and pertinent data and statistical information that satisfies the requirements of
Medicare/Medicaid, auditors, Department of Health, etc.
• Provides education and training to employees and medical staff in areas relevant to health information
management policies and procedures.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ experience in health information is required. Also required is experience in working with computers and health information systems and electronic medical records.
License Required: Yes, RHIT credential.
Supervisory experience is preferred.
Registered health information technician credential is required.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please attach your resume after completing an online application.
Apply Online: https://www.wrhs.com/
Posted: February 15, 2023 at 1:02 PM
Post ID: 75958