Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
HIM Site Supervisor, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Johns Hopkins Health System
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
The Site Supervisor, HIM Operations manages the Health Information Management (HIM) Department functions related to record completion and document imaging. This position contributes to the goals of the department by developing and managing procedures and processes to meet regulatory and organizational requirements for timely medical record completion, medical record integrity and document imaging. The Site Supervisor possesses a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements, the HIPAA Privacy Rules and hospital and departmental policies and procedures. This is a working supervisory role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
- Plan, manage and coordinate HIM functions related to record retention and medical record
- Facilitate training for new hires and existing employees to ensure staff are properly trained on all departmental policies, procedures and
- Establish, monitor and evaluate productivity and accountability standards for the HIM Department staff to ensure operational efficiencies and attainment of department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and organizational
- Monitor attendance in compliance with departmental and organizational
- Approves or denies requests for time off, to ensure levels of staffing to support established goals, and maintains schedule to reflect adequate staffing.
- Provide regular constructive feedback to employees to ensure high quality performance as outlined in the performance monitoring program.
- Monitor project plans to ensure projects meet the goal and time line for
- Compile departmental statistical productivity and quality metrics for submission to organizational
- Develop and implement efficient and effective HIM procedures to meeting regulatory, department and organizational
- Provide regular updates to Manager and/or Department Leadership regarding individual and team performance, concerns related to customer service, process or technology, and submit ideas for improvement
- Maintain routine communication with staff with regard to operational updates, procedural changes, hospital initiatives, policy updates,
- Participate in hospital leadership meetings and represent HIM Shared Services on hospital committees and
- May facilitate on site customer
Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:|
· Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of state and federal regulations, as well as accreditation standards, regarding patient record content.
· Operational knowledge of the clinical and administrative uses of the patient record.
· Strong understanding of process improvement concepts.
· Ability to address complex issues that may arise simultaneously.
· In-depth knowledge of medical terminology.
· Excellent interpersonal attributes and the ability to work closely and maintain positive relationships with direct reports, departmental management, hospital leadership and the medical staff.
· Analytical skills to analyze performance data and regulatory requirements.
· Leadership ability to drive operational excellence using performance metrics and hold employees accountable for individual quality and productivity.
· Leadership ability to coach and support employee performance.
· Team-building skills
· Interpersonal skill to increase employee engagement and retention.
· Organizational ability to coordinate and supervise daily work assignments to achieve departmental Key Performance Indictors (KPIs).
· Critical thinking for record completion and auditing activities.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
|Required Licensure, Certification, On-going Training:|
RHIT Credential Required. RHIA Credential preferred.
Track 1: RHIT credential, with three years of HIM experience. Track 2: RHIA credential, with one year of HIM experience.
· Track 1: RHIT credential, with three years of HIM experience.
· Track 2: RHIA credential, with one year of HIM experience.
· HIM Leadership preferred.
|Machines, Tools, Equipment:|
Experience with electronic medical records, automated workflows, and Microsoft Excel and Word required.
Assist Manager, Community Division with ensuring judicious use of supplies, maintenance of scanning equipment, identification of cost-saving opportunities, etc.
· Resolves operational issues related to Document Imaging.
· Refers problems to Manager for resolution beyond the scope of this job description.
|Autonomy and Responsibility:|
· Works independently requiring little supervision.
· Maintains daily workflow according to departmental policies.
Manager, HIM Operations, Community Division
· Holds staff accountable for meeting quality and productivity standards
· Holds staff accountable to departmental policies and procedures.
· Completes and delivers employee performance reviews
· Directs staff to maintain daily workflow
· Makes workflow decisions based on departmental policies
· Escalates employee issues to Manager as appropriate.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Works in a normal office environment where they are limited physical discomforts due to temperature, noise, dust, etc.
May travel to other JHHS facilities
Monday – Friday, days. May, on occasion, be required to work on a weekend/holiday
Posted: January 31, 2023 at 11:29 AM
Post ID: 75281