Find A Job
In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Medical Records Clerk Positions (Health Info Specialist) – Various Shifts/Schedules
Sarasota Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
* Highest 5-Star rating from Medicare for quality and safety
* Straight “A’s” for Patient Safety
* SMH is also listed among U.S. News “Best Hospitals for Maternity” for 2021-2022; the only hospital in the region to make the list.
* One of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals, 40 Top Teaching Hospitals anf 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital
* Listed among U.S. News’ 50 Best Hospitals for Rehabilitation Services and Specialized Urology Care, 2022 – 2023
* Forbes‘ Best Employers for Women
* Named among the World’s Best Hospitals by Newsweek, 2019-2022
Health Information Management
* Health Information Specialist I
* Health Information Specialist II
* HIM MRN Technician
Responsible for the day to day tasks related to the processing of health information to include but not limited to the following: chart pick-up, general HIM reception and transcription, release of information, indexing and quality assurance of medical records, analysis, amendments, audits, and birth certificate processing, emergency assistance program processing, and chart completion.
*Health Information Specialist I – requires a minimum of 1 year of previous office experience. Prefer HIM experience
*Health Information Specialist II – requires a minimum of 2 years of previous experience in Health Information Management (Medical Records experience).
*HIM MRN Technician – requires a minimum of 4 years of previous experience in HIM, Patient Access, Business Office or Registration. Prefer RHIT certification or must sit and pass exam within 6 months of course completion.
Various shifts available – must be able to work some weekends days as needed/scheduled.
HS diploma/GED required
The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package
- Paid Time Off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans for Full & Part-Time Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care) – Pre-Tax Dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Sarasota Campus for now – Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp!
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- On Campus Dining w/ a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email resume to: email@example.com
Apply Online: https://careers.smh.com/careers/jobs/23120?lang=en-us
Posted: January 27, 2023 at 11:43 AM
Post ID: 75140