In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Waverly Health Center
Location: Waverly, Iowa
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: 37K-54K
Waverly Health Center located in Iowa is in search of a coder. If you are looking for a Critical Access Hospital that cares for its employees and patients please apply.
Abstracts and codes clinical data by combining ethical judgment, technical skills, policy, and legal guidelines. Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards through expert knowledge and continued education in the area of coding and documentation standards.
Education, Experience, and Training
- Must be a resident of Iowa
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have completed coursework in Health Information Technology and be eligible for the RHIT or coding credential.
- Must possess knowledge of ICD-10, PCS, and CPT coding and medical necessity guidelines. Assigns appropriate ICD-10, PCS, and CPT codes for reimbursement to assigned Inpatient, Observation, Emergency Department, Surgical, and Outpatient encounters. Follows ICD-10, CPT, CMS, and other regulatory coding guidelines. Preferred experience with facility/professional coding for Inpatient, Observation, Emergency Department, Surgery (Orthopedic, Podiatry, Pain Clinic), and Obstetrics.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write fluent English.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Ability to learn and navigate computer systems including the online training modules, the employee timesheet and the performance appraisal system. Job specific systems are also required.
Posted: January 18, 2023 at 2:24 PM
Post ID: 74775