In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital St. Louis
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital St. Louis is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Missouri. We are a state-of-the-art facility designed specifically for patients requiring in-patient rehabilitation services. We offer programs that range from single therapies to comprehensive, multidisciplinary programs for patients recovering from strokes, brain or spinal-cord injuries, amputations, burns, orthopedic injuries and other conditions. We provide rehabilitative care to patients and families utilizing a team approach, with an emphasis on improving individual functional ability and quality of life.
RESTORING HOPE is the goal for every patient we serve!
Responsible for planning, developing and maintaining the Health Information Department of the hospital in accordance with state and federal guidelines, accreditation standards as well as hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient care information to ensure patient rights are protected.
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and maintaining the Health Information Department in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO, and CARF).
- Assist in establishing and maintaining procedures for the collection, abstracting, filing and retrieval of medical records.
- Assist staff physicians in use of electronic medical record.
- Work with staff physicians in getting records completed within the required timeframe.
- Serve as a resource for hospital leadership and other staff regarding health information issues, rules and regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO).
- Review policies and procedures as required by administration and participate in making recommended changes.
- Supervise other HIM employees which include initial and on-going training in HIM functions. (if applicable)
- Guide clinical staff in keeping any paper-based records neat and orderly during the patient’s hospitalization.
- Coordinate the scanning and shredding of PHI from patient records.
- At discharge, process records within required timeframes: assembly, analysis and abstracting.
- Review and process requests for patient information within required timeframe and serve as resource for other staff who may be involved in requests after regular business hours.
- Prepare and present quarterly HIM report to Quality Committee.
- Coordiante activities of the Record Compliance Review process including preparation/presentation of summary reports and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with interdisciplinary team members to help ensure that medical records are properly maintained and problem areas identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintain a neat and orderly HIM Department.
- Performs other related duties and activities as directed and assigned by supervisor or HIM support center staff.
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement program activities.
- Participates in continuing education classes and training programs.
- Prepare records and reports for committee review as required.
- Assist in presentations during orientation and periodic staff training dealing with Health Information topics.
- Ensure supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RHIT (or eligible) or RHIA (or eligible) or Coding Certification by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association).
- Prefer two+ (2) years of experience in health information leadership in a health-related facility preferably a hospital setting.
Posted: January 9, 2023 at 6:51 PM
Post ID: 74411