In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
St. Croix Health
Location: St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
The Coding Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of the department establishing policies, reviewing departmental procedures and systems for efficiencies and implementing changes. This position is responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of personnel and the quality of work completed, as well as insuring necessary communication between staff, medical providers, leadership and, at times, patients. The Coding Supervisor is responsible for the CDM construct including its accuracy, and maintenance of both Professional and Technical services as well as completeness and appropriateness of hospital-wide inpatient and outpatient charges including, coding and charging as it relates to CMS and all third-party payers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operational Accountability
· Assists the Director of Business Services in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Coding Department.
· Collaborates with Director of Business Services and other leadership to ensure the necessary resources are in place to execute the work of the department.
· Ensures appropriate documentation is occurring in accordance with EMR requirements and relevant compliance and policy obligations.
· Assists the Director of Business Services in identification of staff learning needs and development of education and competency plans consistent with unit, service line, and organization priorities, coordinates implementation of unit-based education and assists in evaluation of outcomes.
· Establishes processes to assure equipment function, repair process, and routine maintenance on day-to-day basis.
· Monitors staff education and performance for accuracy, detail, efficiency, quality.
· Ensures coding and charging meets ICD-10 and/or HCPCS nomenclature based on coding guidelines
· Perform internal audits, track productivity, staff compliance with coding & charging standards, and facility compliance with regulatory requirements and continue process improvement
· Monitors and addresses system problems
· Reviews DNFB and exception reports daily to ensure that aged cases are coded and dropped
2. Staff Management and Development
· Maintains open, effective communication with Director of Business Services in regards to development and performance of unit personnel.
· Plans, directs, and guides work of direct reports.
· Ensures staff are appropriately trained and competent in performance of assigned duties; assesses competencies of staff on regular basis in accordance with established standards and practices.
· Coaches, mentors, and develops staff to promote skill development.
· Assist in hiring initiatives; generate requisitions, coordinate interview team, conduct interviews, select staff to fill open positions, establish training plan, assist with orientation and onboarding activities.
· Onboards, orients, and provides ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to staff. Models and teaches these skills to others.
· Conducts annual evaluations and necessary corrective action for assigned staff.
· Apprises and educates staff in new/changed regulations, policies and procedures, and compliance.
· Collaborates with preceptors to coordinate the orientation plan and schedule for each employee, based on a baseline individual learning needs assessment.
3. Provider Education
· Promotes accuracy in documentation through education to providers and department staff
· Work with providers and departments to understand new services, procedures, and needs
· Assists clinical department managers in the preparation and review of all requests for additions and revisions to the CDM for completeness and accuracy, with special attention on both annual and routine HCPCS updates.
· Review of each provider’s individual charting tools and preference lists to ensure accurate coding.
· Understand charting tools within Excellian (i.e. order entry, smart sets), and the dropping of charges.
· Oversee Coding and Charge Audit Staff including scheduling, time card review, identifying developmental & training needs, navigating performance concerns and other relevant employee relations functions.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in coding
· Minimum 1-3 years of leadership experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent communication and listening skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and manage multiple demands and priorities
· Exceptional interpersonal skills; role model in customer service skills
· Understanding of operations of primary care and counseling and psychological services clinics
· Excellent critical thinking, reasoning and analytical skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively train others; develop and implement training plans
Education & Licensure:
· Associates Degree in Medical Coding required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management preferred
St. Croix Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Croix Health has been a healing force in the St. Croix Valley for over 103 years. We are a purpose-driven organization with a dedicated team committed to serving our patients and communities throughout the St. Croix Valley. This commitment is rooted in our mission, vision and values.
We help people live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
To transform from quality sick care to quality well care that is sustainable and affordable.
People Centered, Trust, Innovation, and Growth.
Here at St. Croix Health we offer our employees with a robust benefits package that includes:
· Health, vision and dental insurance
· 403b retirement program with employer match
· Paid time off
· Short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance options
· Education reimbursement
· Employee assistance program (EAP)
· Wellbeing incentive program
· Free parking
· Employee prescription discount program
St. Croix Health is a not-for-profit healthcare system located in St. Croix Falls, WI dedicated to helping people live healthier, happier, and longer lives. St. Croix Health offers the services of 80+ providers and 20 specialties with five community clinics in Minnesota and Wisconsin all supported by a critical access hospital on the main campus in St. Croix Falls, just an hour northeast of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Nestled in the bluffs of the St. Croix River Valley, St. Croix Falls is the ideal place to work, live and play.
Posted: January 6, 2023 at 11:32 AM
Post ID: 74332