In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Director, Nursing Informatics
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: IT Manager/CIO
Job Type: Full-Time
This is a full-time position scheduled to typically work Monday through Friday, with core hours between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Applicants hired into this position can work from either Illinois or Wisconsin. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
Be part of something remarkable
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin and drive value, innovation and growth across UW Health as the Director Nursing Informatics.
We are seeking a Director, Nursing Informatics
- Provides an experience and environment of patient- and family-centered care.
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve financial outcomes, engaging staff in the process.
- Continually assesses all services, identifies problems, utilizes data to analyze and propose innovative approaches for solutions.
At UW Health, you will have:
- An excellent benefits package, including health and dental insurance, paid time off and retirement plans.
- Options for a variety of schedules and shifts that offer flexibility and allow for work-life balance.
- Access to UW Health’s Wellness Options at Work that support employee/family well-being.
- Tuition reimbursement – UW Health invests in your professional growth by helping pay for coursework associated with career advancement.
Minimum – Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master’s in Nursing or related field.
Preferred – Doctor of Nursing Practice in Informatics or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in direct clinical care, health care operations, or health care administration.
- Healthcare subject matter expertise including at least five (5) years’ experience in a health system, academic medical center, or health payer organization.
- Demonstrated success leading teams, through formal or informal leadership.
- Demonstrated success leading the design, development, configuration, support, and adoption of large and enterprise-wide solutions including examples where leading without direct authority was a critical success factor.
- Demonstrated success driving significant enterprise-wide organizational change management, in collaboration with operational partners.
- Demonstrated success driving the adoption of innovative IT capabilities resulting in significant realized value.
- Demonstrated success forming and sustaining collaborative, trusted-advisor relationships with stakeholders and IS colleagues.
- Demonstrated success as a financial manager and steward.
- Demonstrated success delivering a balanced portfolio of products, projects, and recurring operations.
- Demonstrated success managing vendors, partners, and/or managed services.
- Demonstrated success growing your versatility as a leader, successfully supporting areas and teams that were at the time outside your area(s) of expertise.
- Ten (10) years progressive experience in IS or Informatics project, product, and solution delivery.
- Seven (7) years of progressive leadership experience in large scale applications, analytics, clinical care, or clinical or business operations.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Membership in and certification from professional associations such as ACHE, AMIA, HIMMS, PMI
- ANCC certification in Informatics
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Posted: January 4, 2023 at 3:11 PM
Post ID: 74240