In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Grady Health System
Location: Georgia, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Grady Health System offers many career paths for your professional growth. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding position at Grady!
The Coding Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision and operational oversight of Outpatient Coding Staff and specific functionality within the daily management of Outpatient Hospital Coding (ICD-10-CM and CPT-4/HCPCS Coding Systems). Determines workflow priorities and efficient methodologies to complete tasks. Responsible for reviewing outpatient records via GHS Electronic Health Record (EPIC) System, 3M Computer-Assisted Coding (CAC) Application, 3M R2 360 Encoder and 3M Ambulatory Revenue Management Systems (ARMS) Applications. Monitors and assesses daily performance of coding staff to assure accurate code assignment and timely billing of Clinic Encounters, Ambulatory Surgery, Observation and Emergency Department (phase-in approach). Ensures optimal use of resources to achieve departmental goals for productivity and financial expectations for DNB. Generates both routine and ad-hoc reports and serves as a senior resource to staff. Oversight of Coding Staff training and professional development with the Coding Quality Educator. In consultation with the Corporate Coding Manager, develops and implements coding/abstracting process, policies, and procedures for coding staff. This position reports to directly to the Corporate Coding Manager.
- High School Diploma /GED is required. Accredited Coding Certificate program (AAPC or AHIMA) required. Some management experience preferred.
- At least three (3) or more recent years of outpatient surgical coding and revenue cycle experience in an acute care facility with high ED Volume and Outpatient Services is required.
- Knowledge of Outpatient Coding is required.
- Knowledge of 3M 360 R2 Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) Applications is preferred.
- Bachelor or Associate Degrees:
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Bachelor of Health Care Administration (BHA)
- Coding Certifications:
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS-P)
Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs, and meets required timelines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Ability to research the root causes related to the inability to code and drop accounts.
- Remote, but must live in Georgia.
Apply Online: https://careers.gradyhealth.org/search?searchable=%5B%5D
Posted: December 30, 2022 at 2:57 PM
Post ID: 74127