In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Supervisor, Document Imaging
Johns Hopkins Medicine
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
The Document Imaging Supervisor, under the direction of the Manager, HIM Operations, is responsible for providing daily operational leadership for the Medical Record Document Imaging Operation, to ensure availability of scanned documents to support Patient Care, Release of Information, Coding, Regulatory, and other uses of the medical record.
The Document Imaging Supervisor will supervise the Document Imaging Specialists at Johns Hopkins Hospital and Bayview Medical Center. This position serves as the immediate supervisor and scanning authority for the Document Imaging Specialists. The Document Imaging Supervisor plans, assigns, and directs the HIM scanning workflow; monitors and reports employee performance for productivity and quality to the individual employees, and the HIM Operations Manager; responds to complaints involving scanning and resolves problems, and actively oversees and manages production and quality control efforts.
The Supervisor will create staff schedules, manage PTO requests, and monitor attendance, to ensure adequate staffing to meet demands of work volumes and turn-around time requirements. The Supervisor will manage time-keeping based on the payroll schedule. The Supervisor will perform mid-year and annual performance appraisals. The Supervisor will create a customer service environment to ensure the highest levels of service to all customers.
Associate degree in Health Information Management required.
RHIA with HIM experience in related areas of Supervision
RHIT with previous Supervisory experience
Required Work Experience:
HIM experience in an Academic Medical Center preferred. Expert knowledge of HIM workflows and strong familiarity with medical record content. Prior work experience in an EPIC system environment preferred. Must demonstrate team-building experience, and process improvement concepts, to positively influence the work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provides supervision and oversight for high quality scanning practices in a complex and fast-paced environment to meet the minimum required scanning quality accuracy of 98% or higher
- Provides leadership to support exceptional customer-service and operational excellence
- Achieves established turnaround time requirements to ensure availability of medical record documents
- Develops effective chart collection practices to ensure retrieval and tracking of all medical records
- Serves as an expert scanning resource for direct reports, other HIM staff members, and resources in other hospital departments.
- Assists with the development and delivery of ongoing education related to scanning.
- Assists with the development of new hire orientation and initial training.
- Analyzes individual productivity and provides performance reports as defined in the performance monitoring program to individual employees and Manager
- Conducts individual quality audits to ensure the highest level of scanning accuracy
- Provides regular feedback from quality audit results to employees and Manager
- Coaches and supports individual performance, which impacts division and organizational goals
- Applies employee engagement strategies to increase employee engagement and retention.
- Assists with holding employees accountable for individual performance metrics.
- Proactively manages, communicates, and escalates barriers, successes, and status of projects
- Develops employee schedule, and approves or denies requests for time off to ensure adequate staffing levels to support established goals
- Maintains, calculates, and reports bi-weekly attendance of Scanning Specialists for payroll and personnel purposes.
- Maintains routine communication with staff to inform of department operational updates, scanning updates, and/or procedural changes.
- Provides regular updates to Manager regarding individual and team performance, concerns related to customer service, process or technology, and submits ideas for improvement
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Posted: November 17, 2022 at 10:11 AM
Post ID: 73108