In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding – QA
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: varies on experience
Want to join a growing facility? Care to be part of a supportive and caring team? Then Memorial Hospital HIM Coding May be the place for you. MHG is a two hospital, three surgical center and 100+ clinic health system. MHG is a stroke center, heart center and and is ranked in US News and World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals.
- To address issues from the Coding Staff as they arise
- To monitor production, staff performance and report deviations to Coding Manager
- To accurately code both inpatient & outpatient accounts with a 90% accuracy
- To assist the Coding Manager in projects and plans
- To assist in training the Coding Staff in time reverent issues
- To assist with charge corrections and reporting from relevant systems
- Participates as a member of the team to achieve business goals, quality outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Practices within legal, ethical and professional boundaries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
**Rationale for principal accountabilities (duties and responsibilities):
- Performance of this function is the reason the position exists.
- The number of employees available to perform this function is limited.
- Employees are hired specifically for their ability or expertise required to perform this highly specialized function.
- This function occupies a great deal of the employees time.
- Failure to perform this function may have serious consequences.
- This function was performed by past employees, and is performed by current employees.
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalency
Preferred Education: Degree in Health Information Management
Required Licensure: RHIT, RHIA, or CCS
Preferred Licensure: RHIT, RHIA, or CCS
Required Experience: Minimum of 5 years acute care coding experience both inpatient and outpatient
Preferred Experience: Previous Lead Coder experience
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities: ICD9CM coding, CPT coding, anatomy & physiology, computer
literate, Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Abilities: Inpatient Coding, DRG assignment, Outpatient Coding, APC assignment, previous leadership role, 3M encoder and HDM knowledge. Cerner skills a plus.
RIHT, RHIA or CCS required
Previous Lead Coder experience
High School Education
Preferred Degree in Health Information Management
Varies on previous experience
Instructions for Resume Submission
If you’d like to find out more please visit
where you can also submit your resume for consideration.
Apply Online: http://www.wearememorial.com
Posted: November 9, 2022 at 10:35 AM
Post ID: 72790