In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Health Information Services Manager
Shriners Children’s Portland
Location: Portland, Oregon
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Depending on Experience
Shriners Children’s is a family that respects, supports, and values each other. We are engaged in providing excellence in patient care, embracing multi-disciplinary education, and research with global impact. We foster a learning environment that values evidenced based practice, experience, innovation, and critical thinking. Our compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience defines us as leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children and their families.
Shriners Children’s is the premier pediatric burn, orthopaedic, spinal cord injury, cleft lip and palate, and pediatric subspecialties medical center. We have an opportunity for a Manager, Health Information Management (HIM) to join our team.
Shriners Children’s – Portland is seeking a full-time Health Information Management Manager. The Health Information Management Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating, and performing day-to-day HIM departmental operations and staff supervision. The HIM Manager will oversee and implement facility related HIM operational planning/initiatives, budgets, workflow processes and internal controls.
- Plans, assigns, and directs workflow for the Health Information Services Department
- Addresses complaints and facilitates problem resolution; actively oversees and manages production and quality control efforts
- Interviews, hires, and trains new employees
- Appraises employee performance and rewards and disciplines accordingly
- Implements and supports all Corporate HIM initiatives and activities
- Provides support to HIM Departments at the facility level for department operations, reimbursement opportunities, various program implementation, and HIM specific system installations
- Assume HIPAA Privacy Office role
Qualifications, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Administrator (RHIA) Certification
- Minimum three years of acute-care HIM department head level management experience
- Experience in the development and management of HIM department budget
- Experience in small to mid-size hospitals
- Experience in project management
- Preferred knowledge of information systems and healthcare applications in addition to database applications and report writing software
- Preferred experience with electronic record systems – Cerner PowerChart
Instructions for Resume Submission
Posted: November 4, 2022 at 7:16 PM
Post ID: 72728