In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
HIM Specialist – medical coder
Johnson County Healthcare Center
Location: Buffalo, Wyoming
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Health Information Management Specialist, Medical Coder
Health Information Management Specialist / Medical Coder is needed in the HIM Department at Johnson County Healthcare Center.
Full-time, 40 hours a week. M-F.
This is an in-office position, as job functions cover a wide variety of the HIM department.
We are looking for someone experienced in medical coding. This candidate must be capable of providing a high level of accuracy and productivity. Experience is preferred; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Position Description Summary:
· Working under Critical Access Hospital guidelines
· Responsible for coding clinic, hospital, and outpatient services
· High-quality, timely coding diagnoses and procedures using ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS to meet requirements
· Adding appropriate modifiers
· Abstracting patient encounters to audit for quality assurance
· Using EHR systems to abstract medical records requests
· Using paper filing system to abstract medical records requests
· Data entry and analysis
· Follow retention schedules and compliance guidelines
· Assist patients, other facilities, physicians and other team members in HIM needs
· Answer phone calls, fax, copy
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Complete knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding and documentation requirements
· Strong understanding of health information concepts and practices.
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software
· Administrative and clerical procedures and systems (word processing, spreadsheets)
· Customer Service experience
· Maintain CEU’s for accreditation
· Multitask with multiple jobs given within any given day
· Highly motivated and self-directed
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Organization skills
Certified Coding Associate (CCS)
Compensation depending on certification and experience.
Posted: October 13, 2022 at 4:33 PM
Post ID: 71764