In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
IT Health Information Business Specialist
Location: Merritt Island, Florida
Work Setting: Consultant/Vendor
Job Function: Consultant
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Competitive
GSE, Inc. is seeking a full-time IT Health Information Business Specialist to support our NASA contract. This work is performed at Kennedy Space Center, Merritt Island, FL. Travel is anticipated to be infrequent.
Join our team of highly motivated professionals delivering Occupational Health consulting services Agency wide for NASA. At GSE, we are committed to growing the capabilities of our people by providing an environmental where you can enhance your knowledge and explore new ways of thinking.
Primary duties include:
- Interfaces with other NASA Center program offices as requested by the NASA Office of the Chief Health and Medical Officer (OCHMO).
- Serves as technical specialist in the broad scope of health information related matters.
- Serves as technical support team member in health record content and documentation requirements.
- Tests and verifies software package updates in NASA servers prior to activation in production mode and informs OCHMO stakeholders.
- Participates in special OCHMO projects, reports, surveys, studies in collecting and processing occupational health data.
- Coordinates with and provides feedback to OCHMO regarding Agency software development and modification recommendations.
- Advises OCHMO on software operations, procedures, and adequacy of data security, archive, and accessibility capabilities relative to all occupational health record content.
- Troubleshoots daily operating challenges within relevant software modules.
- Analyzes clinical and administrative processes related to occupational health information flow.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative reviews of health record documentation to ensure data analytics can be completed in a timely manner.
- Adheres to existing and future NASA documentation and policy requirements.
- Participates in OCHMO-led meetings related to occupational health information and provides technical recommendations.
Collateral duties include:
- Onsite and offsite meeting coordination and set up (e.g., annual meeting, video-teleconferences, webinars).
- Orders supplies and other materials
- Assists with Contractor team travel arrangements/logistics
- Interfaces with OCHMO contracting officer representative regarding IT needs (e.g., seats for PCs, phones)
- Assists in large mailings
- Assists in populating occupational health websites with non-technical content
- Assists with other administrative tasks assigned by the Contractor Business Manager.
- Recognizes and appropriately handles sensitive and high-visibility issues, complies with chain of command, ensures confidentiality, and appropriately handles communications on various levels with personnel within and outside the Agency.
- Provides support in proofreading Contractor staff work products for grammar, spelling, format, and content (where applicable).
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent computer skills with minimum of 8 years using the Internet, with expert level of proficiency using the most recent versions of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
Previous experience working for/with a federal agency and previous experience working in an occupational health related environment are desirable.
Excellent written/oral communication skills and comfortable speaking/interacting with various professional levels of personnel.
At least 5 years’ experience preparing professionally formatted MS Word-based documents (e.g., e-mails, letters, memoranda, presentations, spreadsheets).
Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Typing speed at least 45 wpm.
Major field of study in health information management is a plus.
Bachelor’s or higher with a minimum of 24 semester hours in computer science or health information technology.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Long-term and Short-term disability
10 Paid Holidays
120 hour per year of Personal Time Off
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please send resumes to Kaye Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: October 3, 2022 at 6:27 PM
Post ID: 71563