In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Location: Atchison, Kansas
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Other
Job Type: Full-Time
In order to allow for timely completion of the medical record, the Health Information Management Analyst will review each discharged patient’s record for incomplete or missing items, identify the responsible practitioner for each of these items, and link the deficiencies to the appropriate physician for completion. The HIM Analyst will be responsible for verifying chart completion and monitoring the deficiency report to ensure all records are completed appropriately. The position will also be responsible for timely notification to physicians of pending records that need completion, identifying those physicians who will be suspended and notifying appropriate hospital personnel/departments of physician suspensions. The position will also help with all daily tasks in the HIM department.
- Performs electronic and paper analysis of records to assure chart accuracy, review for necessary signatures and dictation, and monitoring for missing documentation.
- Performs chart reconciliation to assure all records are received for scanning and abstracting.
- Performs quality review of scanned images to assure proper alignment, readability, and that all documents have been scanned. Indexes scanned images to the proper patient’s accounts.
- Responsible for monitoring the provider delinquencies as outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws & Rules & Regulations, sending written notice to providers as outlined. Notified Director when provider is pending suspension.
- Retrieves existing paper charts for requesting providers or departments. Pulls paper records of patients who are deceased, keeping each calendar year together. Files paper charts as needed.
- Assists with release of patient information, assuring proper disclosure of protected health information.
- Assures all Advance Directives/Living Wills or Durable Power of Attorney forms are scanned to the patient’s file.
- Maintains confidentiality of protected health information at all times. Maintains working knowledge of HIM & HIPAA policies and procedures for accurate handling of protected health information.
- All other duties as assigned.
2/4 year degree.
Posted: September 14, 2022 at 2:24 PM
Post ID: 71133