In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Location: Minneapolis, Remote
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Codes medical records using coding classifications to ensure data integrity and proper assignment of codes based on coding guidelines. Ensures accurate record documentation to support correct code assignment, reimbursement, precise reporting of services rendered, and compliance with government regulations.
Key Position Details:
• Candidate will be hired for appropriate level of position determined by their current coding certification
• Remote position
• Must be a resident of MN or WI
• Codes medical records using coding classifications to ensure data integrity and proper assignments.
• Analyzes medical records to ensure accurate coding and send provider feedback when appropriate.
• Collects and abstracts data elements.
• Addresses unbilled and incomplete records.
• Identifies and suggests areas of improvement in high compliance risk coding areas and improve the quality of the healthcare provider documentation to support code assignments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s or Vocational degree in coding required or
• Associate’s or Vocational degree in health information technician required
• Bachelor’s degree in health information administrator preferred
• 2 years medical terminology experience preferred
• 2 years coding experience preferred
• Certified Coding Specialist – American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required within 2 years OR
• Certified Professional Coder – American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) required within 2 years OR
• Registered Health Information Technician – American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) within 2 years OR
• Registered Health Information Administrator – American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) within 2 years
Posted: September 6, 2022 at 4:53 PM
Post ID: 70955