In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Health Information Technician
Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center
Location: Waukegan, Illinois
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health, Physician Office, Other
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $22.46 – $26.48 Hourly
As the largest human service provider in Lake County, we believe that services must be available without barriers. No residents are turned away due to the inability to pay. We believe in providing services in an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination or bias. Whether assuring accessible and effective care, impacting policy, or assessing and monitoring risks, the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center has been an essential part of the public health system in Lake County for 60 years. We are looking for passionate, qualified team members, who can help make a difference in our agency, and most importantly, in our community.
A Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) plays an important role in ensuring patient record accuracy, organization, quality, security and accessibility. These essential documents can be both on paper and in an electronic database and contain patient’s diagnosis, treatment, health certificate and insurance. The RHIT will compile, process, and maintain medical records while following regulatory requirements of the healthcare system.
Schedule: 37.5 hours per week
- Monday – Friday (8 am – 4 pm)
- After onboarding, ability to work remotely 1x per week
- Releases patient information in a manner compliant with all federal and state statutes and facility policies.
- Appropriately responds to requests for patient information in a timely manner ensuring that a valid Authorization for Release of Information, subpoena, or court order is obtained in accordance with all federal and state statutes and facility policies.
- Conducts audits to enforce compliance of requests, accuracy of information and timeliness of Release of Information turnaround.
- Acts as a liaison between the Release of Information Vendor, Health Information Management, Providers and Central Billing Office regarding Release of Information functions.
- Acts as a resource for HIM Clerks.
- Identifies and corrects duplicate data in the Master Patient Index.
- Coordinates and is responsible for electronic media that are received at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC) including performing virus scans, importing, printing, and/or sending electronic media to the provider for review.
- Guide patients through the Patient Portal enrollment process and troubleshoot portal issues.
- Monitors batches within the Image Control System (ICS) and periodically performs Quality checks to ensure all documents have been accurately filed into the EHR.
- Request Document Destruction Certificate from the State of Illinois in accordance with the standards of the Local Records Commission.
- Performs HIPAA Privacy audits on both physical and electronic areas where PHI resides.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires an Associate Degree in Health Information Management
- Requires AHIMA certification or eligibility (RHIA or RHIT)
Posted: August 19, 2022 at 10:19 AM
Post ID: 70529