In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Medical Coding Manager
Lake County Health Department
Location: Waukegan, Illinois
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care, Behavioral/Mental Health, Other
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $68,048.16 – $79,628.23 Annually
As the largest human service provider in Lake County, we believe that services must be available without barriers. No residents are turned away due to the inability to pay. We believe in providing services in an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination or bias. Whether assuring accessible and effective care, impacting policy, or assessing and monitoring risks, the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center has been an essential part of the public health system in Lake County for 60 years. We are looking for passionate, qualified team members, who can help make a difference in our agency, and most importantly, in our community.
As a public health department, we believe in the science, data, and power of vaccines, like the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, to protect against and prevent illness. Therefore, we require all Health Department staff to receive the primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine as well as the annual influenza vaccine unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
To be successful in this role you should have knowledge or skills in the following areas:
- Expert outpatient coding knowledge, including in-depth understanding of coding guidelines, conventions, CPT, and Evaluation and Management classification systems and knowing how to utilize resources available.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Advanced knowledge of disease processes, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding applications, clinician documentation of government regulations and areas of scrutiny for potential fraud and abuse.
- Ability to review analyze and interpret billing guidelines and state and federal regulations.
- Ability to create training material and presentations.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and three years (3) of progressively complex coding work experience and training delivery or an Associate’s degree and five years of progressively complex coding work experience and training delivery required.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS or CCS-P) or RHIT, through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is required.
- Experience with the electronic health record and health care applications required.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with a large and diverse outpatient physician’s practice or an FQHC with medical, dental and behavioral health outpatient services is preferred.
- NextGen experience preferred.
Medical (BlueCross BlueShield)
- HMO/HMO Blue Advantage
- Traditional PPO
- Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP)
Prescription – Optum Rx
Dental (Delta Dental)
- Lake County Health Department employees are welcome to receive, at no charge, annual flu and Hepatitis B vaccinations, as well as Tuberculosis testing.
- Group Term Life (Securian)
- Supplemental Term
- Voluntary Life (NCPERS)
Voluntary Insurance (AFLAC)
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Care & Recovery
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Protection
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Assistance Program
Health and Dependent Care Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Daycare Account
- Health Savings Account
- Illinois Municipal Retirement (IMRF)
- Deferred Compensation (IMCA-RC)
Paid Time Off
Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
Home and Auto Insurance (MetLife)
Employee Discount Mall
Work / Life Balance
- Flexible schedules (evenings, nights, weekends, and on-call hours).
- The Commit to Fit (Wellness Program) events are open to all benefit eligible employees to encourage and promote an active and health lifestyle.
Posted: August 3, 2022 at 2:02 PM
Post ID: 70239