In search of a job?
Our database includes everything from registrars to HIM directors. There are a lot of options to look through. We compile open job postings for most of the associations we work with into a single source that their members can use to search available jobs.
Search for Jobs
Director, Coding – Regulatory Compliance Support
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Compliance
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director, Coding – Regulatory Compliance Support will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the company’s compliance program as it relates to hospital coding. The Director will also be responsible for providing direction to the Health Information Management Service Centers (HSCs), Parallon and Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) regarding appropriate processes for compliance with coding and querying rules. This individual will lead a team that develops and provides support for policies, processes, education, and training for compliant coding. The Director manages implementation and monitors compliance with company policies and procedures. Since many quality measures rely on coding and documentation, the Director collaborates with the Clinical Operations Group and the Division and Facility Chief Medical Officers on core measures and pay for performance topics.
The Director routinely interacts with key executives and leaders throughout HCA and Parallon, including group and division operations and corporate departments. The Director also provides input for the compliance risk included in the company’s coding audit plan and assists the legal department in operational and regulatory reviews. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President, Coding.
Duties include but not limited to:
– Provides management and leadership for the design and development of the Company’s coding compliance program, including the development of policies and procedures, internal education, system updates, compliance edits, tools and resources
– Identifies, communicates and provides direct action to address key compliance risk (focus DRG, targeted diagnosis or procedures, or clinical documentation practices)
– Executes the strategy and oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate ICD-10 coding, including query compliance
– Works closely with the legal department on legal and regulatory matters
– Leads special projects from the coding compliance perspective e.g. due diligence reviews
– Coordinates with the FAH, AHIMA and AHA in responding and advocating for key regulatory changes in coding
– Demonstrates leadership with innovation, knowledge sharing and practices when working with customers and peers
– Evaluates review results to determine if trends and/or systemic issues exist and facilitate action steps for problem resolution, root cause analysis and future risk mitigation
– Monitors performance and communicates with appropriate parties to ensure regulatory system readiness and optimal use of installed technology to meet current and future technology needs
– Routinely communicates with and provides essential regulatory and coding/querying compliance updates to key company and Parallon leadership
– Fosters communication and facilitates collaboration between Facility/Division, Clinical Operations Group, Division Chief Medical Officers, Parallon, Group/Division Leadership as well as other departments with HCA
– Provides coding subject matter expertise and strategy guidance on key company initiatives (e.g., financial reporting, Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC), core measures, CHOIS, product lines, CMI, NCD/LCD, I-10/CPT codes for contract negotiations, and other projects upon request)
– Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in hospital coding, revenue cycle, or other related healthcare experience required
– Occasional Travel from time-to-time, but not on a regular basis
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Registered Health Information Technician, Administrator or equivalent credential
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
– Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
– Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
– Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
– Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
– Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
– 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
– Employee Stock Purchase Plan
– Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
– Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
– Colleague recognition program
– Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply online and instructions are included for resume submission.
For questions regarding application or resume submission, please contact Mackenzie Schlicht, Sr. Corporate Recruiter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: July 14, 2022 at 9:11 AM
Post ID: 69861